PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Fuzion 371 W/ Norcold Fridge

pmcmath
11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Norcold freezer seems to not be getting to the temp that it needs to be to freeze items. Haven't really been monitoring it but it seems to be getting a really freezing period sometimes and sometimes it's temp goes up enough to make ice cream softer but not to the melting stage. Any thoughts? Oh we have quite a few items in the freezer and it takes all day for ice to freeze sometimes.

dcg9381
11-03-2015, 10:51 AM
First question:
Have you owned an RV-type fridge before? If not, my guess is that this is largely an expectations issue. Let us know and we'll guide how to proceed.

pmcmath
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
First question:
Have you owned an RV-type fridge before? If not, my guess is that this is largely an expectations issue. Let us know and we'll guide how to proceed.

Yes we have owned two prior to this one. It's got to be something simple but it just doesn't seem to be freezing. Other items however are frozen. Ice cream bars were stored in door and I have moved them inside on shelves.

dcg9381
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM
That helps. You know how inefficient these can be at cooling if you're opening and closing them often.

So normal operating - the temperature is varying enough to un-freeze ice cream? What "cold" setting do you have it on?

Does it behave differently on propane or electric?

skidooxman
11-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Norcold freezer seems to not be getting to the temp that it needs to be to freeze items. Haven't really been monitoring it but it seems to be getting a really freezing period sometimes and sometimes it's temp goes up enough to make ice cream softer but not to the melting stage. Any thoughts? Oh we have quite a few items in the freezer and it takes all day for ice to freeze sometimes.

I have the opposite issue, freezer is 8 and my fridge is warm. Per NorCold, they have 3 main electronic components including the front door panel, and the 2 in the back. The small one has a red LED light on it and thats what went bad on mine. Norcold says its common for one of the controls to go bad, hopefully I get it back soon.