PDA

View Full Version : Correct track popping noise?

nellie1289
10-29-2015, 05:50 PM
For those of you with correct track system my question is when you crank your trailer hard on a turn do your hear some popping noises from the axles ? Is this normal? It's clear my axles move quite a bit alignment wise on the hard turn especially when moving slow I am just curious about others experience with this.

dcg9381
10-30-2015, 07:05 AM
No.. Not that I've noticed, although I'm usually driving the truck. Often back up with the windows down.

Campy
10-30-2015, 12:33 PM
I have Correct track on my Cougar and only hear creaking and popping when i'm using the forklift to maneuver the camper in storage. Never heard it (or at least noticed it) when behind the truck.

Desert185
11-01-2015, 07:31 AM
I noticed that before I installed a wet bolt kit with bronze bushings and thicker shackles (1/2" vs wimpy 1/4"). Trailer probably didn't have more than 2K miles and the plastic bushings were shot.

I don't have Correct Track.

rabreen
11-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Have had two trailers - both a TT and a 5th wheel. Both made popping or cracking noise when turning anything more than a standard left hand turn. They both made the noise on nearly all right hand turns because many times RH turns are sharper (at least for the way I drive and the area I live in).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GBR
11-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I have experienced similar noises but only on real sharp back up situations. The stop when I make the turn adjustments and straighten the trailer in its final position.

Hope this is helpful.

grampscamper
11-10-2015, 06:03 AM
I don't have Correct Track but did notice noises like you describe when backing into out driveway. Our driveway is sloped uphill and I have to turn fairly sharp. I added the wet bolt kit as Desert185 did. It seemed to cure the problem or at least drastically reduce the noise.