PDA

View Full Version : New mod

jje1960
10-27-2015, 01:30 PM
I've complained for years about the dinette vs kitchen chairs in the SRX. Last trip, DW got to see a trailer a friend of ours has with the chairs vs the dinette... Gave the OK to do the mod... It came out great, chairs get delivered by the end of the week, can't wait for next summer to enjoy the mod.

hdxbonez
10-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Looks great!

Steve S
10-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Looks great but will the storage space that's lost be a problem or doesn't it bother you? Btw I really like those chairs"bouncey:

Blrmaker
10-27-2015, 06:34 PM
I like the look of the chairs as well. Are you going to keep the table the way it is? I am tired of mine and its stability or lack there of.

GaryWT
10-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Looks good, enjoy. We like the benches and the storage plus we generally eat outside but you have to like it yourself so very good.

jje1960
10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
The loss of storage does not bother us, didn't use it much anyway. We are keeping the table for now, see how it goes. I just really did not like the benches, the cushions sliding out of place and with only the two of us now, the chairs and more open look are appealing. Will post pic when the chairs arrive this weekend.

shov
10-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Great MOD, should open up the look of your coach!

xaugievike
11-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Removed one from our SRX early this past seasonal as well and love it.

cruisegrandma
11-08-2015, 08:30 AM
We recently purchased a Passport Elite 23RB. Our dining area is at the counter with two stools, but that's ok with us as we like to eat outside when we can. When we were researching our purchase online, I said to my husband, "Why would anyone want a table and chairs. That's all that much more you have to tie down and worry about. Plus you loose the storage." After shopping around, I came to love that table and chairs. Easier to get in and out of. The ability to move the chairs to be comfortable. I think I would opt in for table and chairs if we decide to upgrade.

sjturbo
11-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Looks very nice, but I could not help but notice the wires and electrical receptacle! What is the plan there?

jje1960
11-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Looks very nice, but I could not help but notice the wires and electrical receptacle! What is the plan there?

Took care of that, went to Homedepot and bought external mount receptacle box and mounted it where the wires came through. Looks great.

jje1960
11-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Removed one from our SRX early this past seasonal as well and love it.

Have you checked out my mod that made it easier to carry the cart in the SRX? Removed the door to the garage and moved the wall in, really easy now and can walk through with the cart loaded.

Pmedic4
11-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Good mod! We had several TT with the dinettes, and just always not that easy to use. Our current fifthwheel has the table and 4 chairs, and would almost be tempted to remove 2 chairs, but sometimes we have people in, and really not easy to carry anywhere else for folding chairs. Enjoy the new found room.

xaugievike
11-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Have you checked out my mod that made it easier to carry the cart in the SRX? Removed the door to the garage and moved the wall in, really easy now and can walk through with the cart loaded.

I have seen that one and I love it!

jje1960
12-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Pic of the clean-up.

CaptnJohn
12-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Only the 2 of us so the last 2 campers were purchased with the table and 4 chairs. Do not need to sleep more than the 2 of us and still have the sofa bed if needed. There is a ton of storage in the 303rls sadly as my wife believes she must buy something (even if we will never use it) to fill every inch.

jje1960
12-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Only the 2 of us so the last 2 campers were purchased with the table and 4 chairs. Do not need to sleep more than the 2 of us and still have the sofa bed if needed. There is a ton of storage in the 303rls sadly as my wife believes she must buy something (even if we will never use it) to fill every inch.

You better tack a 'Dear' before the 'Wife' or you're going to be in trouble dude...