PDA

View Full Version : Put away for winter

14george
10-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Sad day put cover on trailer for the winter. So my camping season is over. Looking forward to next year.

GaryWT
10-24-2015, 02:07 PM
We are camping but next week will winterized as we are done. No cover but we will park it and call it a season. Not many places open and it has been getting down to freezing now and again. It will be sad to do it though.

Murphsmom
10-24-2015, 04:17 PM
We will winterize and store after we get home next weekend.

Whitehouse
10-28-2015, 08:10 PM
I agree it sure is a sad day.

Andymon
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
I know how you feel. We haven't been out all year due to just being to busy at work and such. However, we are going to the Oregon coast for Christmas for a week.

shov
10-29-2015, 08:42 AM
I held out as long as I could here in Montana, blew out the lines and ran the pink stuff through it last weekend after I brought it home from a fishing trip. However just because I winterized doesn't mean I can't use it again :thumbsup: If the temps are decent and there isn't snow and ice on the roads, I am holding out hope I might get 1 or 2 more trips out to a lake!

Tbos
11-03-2015, 06:36 PM
2 more weekends for us then I have to winterize.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GaryWT
11-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Emptied the trailer and drained the lines. Hopefully tomorrow we will pump the pink stuff in and back her back to her spot for the winter.

chuckster57
11-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm replacing my awning motor, washing and prepping for a weekend trip next weekend. Thank goodness for 12 month camping seasons.

mikell
11-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Planning on camping on the beach Thanksgiving, Lake Huron beach in the Thumb. Could go either way. Will be full of propane and will have power.

Supposed to be a warm winter but it's still winter.

Pull Toy
11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Put her to bed last weekend, but Pink Lemonade is cheap enough at Wally-world that if we get a heat wave... we can always re-winterize.

p.s. Tractor Supply Co. $3.50 a jug right now!

B-O-B'03
11-04-2015, 05:27 PM
We are doing a weekend camp, next weekend and I hope to do many more throughout the "winter", such as it is here.

My friend has a couple of thousand acre ranch, in OK and he put in 5 full hook-ups (one 50 Amp), plan on spending as many weekends there as possible.

-Brian

koko
11-08-2015, 08:26 AM
We've winterized after a really great camping season. Went down to 14 last night. Last winter was so mild that we went out a few times in February and March. I think we un-winterized and re-winterized about three times. Hope that's the case again this year. It's at least worth dreaming about.

shov
11-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Could be pulling mine out again this weekend, even though I ran the pink stuff through her... Snow today and tomorrow and a slight warm up over the weekend!

michael_h
11-10-2015, 10:20 PM
we'll winterize ours next month but still use it thru the winter . . . bottled water and bath houses will be our crutch "bouncey:

mfifield01
11-14-2015, 02:14 PM
At what temps do you need to put antifreeze in the lines? I'm thinking about blowing the lines, but not putting any antifreeze in them. It rarely gets below freezing for more than a day or two (in Austin, TX). Typical lows are mid 40s.

Javi
11-14-2015, 04:30 PM
At what temps do you need to put antifreeze in the lines? I'm thinking about blowing the lines, but not putting any antifreeze in them. It rarely gets below freezing for more than a day or two (in Austin, TX). Typical lows are mid 40s.
We live in Waco and the only time I've ever pumped anifreeze into the lines was when a blue norther blew in unexpectedly and caught me without a working portable compressor. I just didn't have time to go buy one and blow out the lines.

I always pour antifreeze in all the traps and toilet bowl.

As a note, be sure to blow out ALL the lines including the toilet, washer, and black tank rinse if applicable. Drain the fresh water tank, water heater and low point drains. Also after you drain the fresh water tank, be sure and run the water pump for a couple of minutes to get the water out.

Tbos
11-14-2015, 08:06 PM
If you do all the stuff Javi said you'll be fine. I'd leave the plug out of the HW heater and low point drains. Might want put something over them to keep bugs out though.

LuvsPalmTrees
11-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Mikell - the thumb is one of my favorite places to camp. Unfortunately since we got hit on Halloween we ended up winterizing so the TT can go into the shop. Enjoy your trip to the thumb. Happy Thanksgiving.

Tbos
11-15-2015, 03:39 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/ce37f54a93cc3b0b4bae224e5256f7e9.jpg Here's mine all winterized and looking lonely. Returned from the last trip of the year today, blew out the lines, drained the tanks, pink stuff in the traps and we're all set.

JRTJH
11-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Mikell - the thumb is one of my favorite places to camp. Unfortunately since we got hit on Halloween we ended up winterizing so the TT can go into the shop. Enjoy your trip to the thumb. Happy Thanksgiving.

LOL Of course with the weather we're getting this November, we could have extended the camping season for yet another week or two :) Gotta love this "balmy Indian Summer"..........

gearhead
11-15-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm swatting mosquitos and mowing grass. Got tomatoes the size of golf balls.
We had a blue norther predicted a couple years ago. I bought about 5 gallons of antifreeze, poured it in the water tank, turned the pump on and ran it through the system. Of course it didn't get as cold as predicted.
We just got home from Louisiana and are thinking: "where next"?
I do have a trip planned for Tulsa in mid January. Test that "Polar Package".

JRTJH
11-15-2015, 05:10 PM
It is "unseasonally" warm here this week. The high today was 60, tomorrow through Friday are much the same. It isn't supposed to go below freezing any night this week (although there was some light frost this morning). This time last year, it was below freezing every day and some nights were below zero. CRAZY weather for sure !!!!!

Harleyhop
11-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Sad day here in NJ. Winterized and washed last week finally put cover on and put away for winter today:(

mikell
11-16-2015, 05:13 AM
Weather still looks good. Might freeze at night but high 40's for the day. Going to spend Thanksgiving with family in Frankenmuth then headed to the thumb if the weather holds out. Already making reservations for Beaver Island in May.

Carbon33
11-16-2015, 06:29 AM
I know we are all sad that freezing temps have slowed our camping adventures. On the bright side when will we start unwinterizing and start the 2016 season. Just gotta have something to look forward too.

gearhead
11-19-2015, 06:03 PM
John: How's that fishing up there?? I'm headed to Sabine Lake tomorrow. Flounder run.
Temp spread- 50-72. Killed a copperhead on the driveway this afternoon.
'skeeters still bitin'.
Tomatoes looking good. Need a frost on the collards to sweeten them! Maybe after Thanksgiving.

JRTJH
11-19-2015, 07:13 PM
John: How's that fishing up there?? I'm headed to Sabine Lake tomorrow. Flounder run.
Temp spread- 50-72. Killed a copperhead on the driveway this afternoon.
'skeeters still bitin'.
Tomatoes looking good. Need a frost on the collards to sweeten them! Maybe after Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was almost 60F, today the high was 34. We've got 6" of snow predicted tomorrow evening and I'm guessing "fishing" (at least from boats) is over for the season. The freezer is full of Lake trout, steelhead, salmon, walleye, bass and I think I've got 2 or 3 catfish filets left from our last trip to Memphis. Deer season is in "full swing" and I'm staying out of the woods until the crazies with rifles go home. I prefer bow hunting anyway. There's a real nice 9 point that is coming in to my stand. He was there this morning and so far, nobody is hunting near me, so I think he'll be OK until after gun season ends. I've watched him for the past 4 years, he was a little 4 point when I first saw him, and yes, he's about 300 yards behind the house, so I'm not too worried about hunters there....

As for copperheads, between the moccasins, rattlesnakes, alligators in the pool and the occasional wild boar that "trotted" through our back yard in Pineville, My DW keeps informing me that "we" don't miss living down there.... Oh well, we should have enough snow to call it "the start of winter" by the weekend.... "LET THE GAMES BEGIN" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikell
11-24-2015, 03:34 AM
the 6" of snow in southwest Michigan will be gone today and still headed to Frankenmuth Wednesday and maybe Thursday night. Then headed to Port Crescent State Park to camp on the beach in the rain it sounds like.

Lots of friends in the Thumb to look up

ColoradoSooner
12-01-2015, 06:33 AM
We're winterized but still camping.

Last weekend, it never got out of the teens and it snowed off and on. So what did we do? Went camping! Took water jugs and a space heater (to keep from blowing through all the propane), and used the campground's bathrooms. Pretty perfect, if you ask me. :)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_189776_0_7f7bad77939ef272e52fa69aa90e96f7.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/ambers628/media/Sun%20Dog_zpsj6p8yoq0.jpg.html)

mfifield01
12-01-2015, 07:27 AM
I blew out the lines over the weekend, but realized I forgot the toilet. I didn't put antifreeze in the traps. Just bought the antifreeze yesterday. If needed I'll run to storage. No freezing weather is predicted for the next 2 weeks.

I currently have reservations at the end of the month. Luckily my average temps are nice here.

byrdr1
12-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Mine too, had my camper washed and the roof treated while I was away last week. Climbed up and everything looked great.
Knowing its under the shed(RVport) for the winter and the first next warm day off I might even go up and reseal it before spring comes around. I know its time, it was last year that I did that to it.
Got to go and winterize it too. Cold weather coming.
:(
randy