PDA

View Full Version : Information on Hideouts

tld
10-22-2015, 05:31 AM
The Keystone Hideouts seem to be lower priced than other Keystones of comparable size and options. Can anyone help me with what's different with the Hideouts?

JRTJH
10-22-2015, 06:07 AM
The Hideout line is an "entry level" RV. It is constructed with a wood frame (not aluminum), does not offer some of the "standard features" found on many other Keystone fifth wheels. Things like gas/electric water heater, electric landing gear jacks, aluminum wheels, spare tire, bedroom slide, interior closet space, and many other "taken for granted" type of amenities are simply not available or are optional.

I would suppose that the most important "decision factor" is whether or not the frame composition is something you feel is "in your price range" options.

Tbos
10-23-2015, 07:27 PM
A friend of mine has Hideout 26 bunk house. It doesn't have a slide but it is a nice TT and seems to be put together well. It has some upgrades that were not on my Passport 238ML I just traded. The best thing to do is to go look and compare based on floor plans and features. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

theeyres
10-23-2015, 08:45 PM
We have one and have been very happy with it. I think it is on par with all the aluminum sided, wood framed trailers. We used to have a Springdale and I would say it is identical in quality. Don't be put off by "entry model". That's true but not a lot different than saying a Chevy is GM's entry model. Not all of us have any interest in owning a Buick or Caddilac.