PDA

View Full Version : Roof Ladder For Premier

1l243
10-16-2015, 11:40 PM
I have not seen any roof ladders on Premier(19fbpr) Trailers should I assume that the construction of the trailer will not support a rear roof ladder?

jkohler70
10-19-2015, 04:54 AM
That's likely true. To be certain, you need to determine whether there is blocking in the frame to mount the ladder. Many Keystone models do not have walkable roofs or blocking for a ladder.

michael_h
10-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Premier does not have a safe walkable roof, I put an extra piece of 1/4" plywood on my roof when I go up there, but still keep my knees as near to the roof stringers as possible

Charby
10-27-2015, 10:36 AM
I installed a Turbo Air on the kitchen roof vent by crawling along the roof. Only weighing in at 165lbs I was OK. the dealer agreed, that us lightweights can manage onto the Lightweights. Standing tall on roof is not for me :eek:

RavensFan24
10-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Mine doesn't have a ladder either. I've been on the roof and it's not very walkable. You can get around, but you def don't want to spend much time up there with out plywood or something to disperse your weight. I also installed a fan on my roof and I'm 250lbs, so it will hold, but just be careful.

I miss my old RV roof where I could put some chairs up there and hang out.

koko
11-02-2015, 11:12 AM
We purchased a telescoping ladder. The ladder is real sturdy, but that curved roof is scary. Had to go up to install a vent cover. Have never seen a Premier with attached ladder.

RavensFan24
11-03-2015, 07:32 AM
It's been confirmed by Keystone that Bullets do NOT have a walkable roof.

Obviously you can get up there, but you run the risk of damaging the roof. Be careful up there. I avoid getting on my roof as much as possible and move very slowly and carefully when I am up there.