PDA

View Full Version : Shower faucet replacement

Lee
10-16-2015, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I am looking at replacing the plastic faucet in the shower of my 2013 Cougar TT.

I have been searching and all I find are plastic replacements and I am seeking a quality metal replacement.

Can anyone recommend a quality metal replacement faucet?

Thanks,
Lee

Festus2
10-16-2015, 07:37 AM
You might want to look into a shower head made by Oxygenics. Quite of few of us have replaced the OE head with one of these and the results have been very positive. These "water savers" come in a variety of styles and finishes - although they are mainly constructed of plastic with some metal parts. Check out their website - www.oxygenics.com

bobbecky
10-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Not sure what brand faucets Keystone puts in Cougars, but in our Montana, they used Dura products, which seem pretty durable, no pun intended"bouncey: We have been fulltime for over three years now, and the only maintenance needed to any of the fixtures was to the one bath sink faucet, and that was just a ball and gasket kit. The shower faucet has been perfect, needing no work, and parts are available, if needed, at their site. http://www.durafaucet.com/

JRTJH
10-16-2015, 01:56 PM
The Dura DF-SA100S-SN is what's in our Cougar. It's been trouble free for 3 seasons now. If it broke tomorrow, I'd order another just like it. It's the "satin nickel" finish...

http://www.durafaucet.com/rv-shower-faucet-smoked-knobs/

slow
10-16-2015, 04:49 PM
The Dura DF-SA100S-SN is what's in our Cougar. It's been trouble free for 3 seasons now. If it broke tomorrow, I'd order another just like it. It's the "satin nickel" finish...

http://www.durafaucet.com/rv-shower-faucet-smoked-knobs/

I second the satin nickel Dura. Although not metal, it has a more sophisticated look to it and works well.

B-O-B'03
10-17-2015, 06:35 AM
I second the satin nickel Dura. Although not metal, it has a more sophisticated look to it and works well.

I like the look of that one too.

For some reason, even though we have a shower only, there is a tub diverter on the current faucet... might have to add changing that to my winter mod list.

-Brian

JRTJH
10-17-2015, 06:57 AM
This is a personal preference, but I would recommend against the shower faucets with the "lever handles". It's real easy to bump against them or catch them with a wash cloth and wind up either getting a "cold burst" or even worse, scalding yourself.... Althought they match the handles on the vanity sink faucet, these are the ones I'd caution not to buy for that reason:

xaugievike
10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm going to second the oxygenics shower head. While plastic, it's a well made item. The water savings is just a bonus.

Desert185
10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Ditto on Oxygenics. The shower head has a stronger stream without using more water. We even replaced a couple of shower heads in the stick home with them. Much stronger stream even though limited to 2 GPH, and they don't clog with mineral residue.

SLIMSHADIE
10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Oxygenics, the daughters and wife have no problem getting shampoo out of their hair. Strong cone stream and water savings a bonus. Water temp is more consistent while using the pump, no pockets of cold/hot water. It doesnt have a shutoff but found a metsl one at Home Depot.

bobbecky
10-20-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm sure Lee was not asking about shower heads, but was asking about the faucets.