PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent RV water pump?

RFM
10-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Hi guys,
My TT is only 1,1/2 year old and it is the second time I forget my water-pump switch after flushing my fresh water tank for storing the TT.

NOW the pump is dead, do you know if a intelligent water pump exist? A pump that shuts off automatically if there is no water in tank.

It should exist if they can send men on the moon.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chuckster57
10-13-2015, 06:20 PM
I can't say I've ever heard or seen one. If it helps you feel better, the last time I retracted my awning, the switch stuck in the retract position. Motor is now Dead, and replacement is $300.00. Can't say I've seen any water pumps in that price range.

Maybe a checklist would help.

Festus2
10-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Hi guys,
My TT is only 1,1/2 year old and it is the second time I forget my water-pump switch after flushing my fresh water tank for storing the TT.

NOW the pump is dead, do you know if a intelligent water pump exist? A pump that shuts off automatically if there is no water in tank.

It should exist if they can send men on the moon.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you "flushing" or "draining" the FW tank? If you winterizing your RV and putting it away in storage for the winter, then all you need to do is drain all the water out of the tank. This can be accomplished by opening the drain valve or drain cock on the bottom of the tank. You don't need to use the water pump to empty the FW tank.

There are some pumps that claim to run when "dry" but I wouldn't want to test their claim.

billstuart
10-26-2015, 04:21 AM
I can't say I've ever heard or seen one. If it helps you feel better, the last time I retracted my awning, the switch stuck in the retract position. Motor is now Dead, and replacement is $300.00. Can't say I've seen any water pumps in that price range.

Maybe a checklist would help.

I did the same thing. Wouldn't it be nice if the fuse blew BEFORE the motor fried?!!