PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg 1.5 ton aluminum floor jack

kguess
10-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Anyone have this with em on the road? I saw it at Harbor Freight and it looks good for ' the road' since bottle jacks are more difficult to use on bad surfaces. Weights 43 lbs.

bobbecky
10-11-2015, 02:54 PM
That is an awfully heavy jack to carry around for only having 3,000 lbs of capacity. Unless you have a very light rig, that isn't going to be a very good option. A good bottle jack is still a much better option, along with decent assorted blocks.

JRTJH
10-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I've got the Pittsburg 1.5 ton aluminum jack #50569. I think that's the one you're referencing. It was $49 with a coupon several months back... http://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton-compact-aluminum-racing-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-60569.html

Actual weight is closer to 30 pounds, not 43. At any rate, it is too big and too bulky for my tastes as something I'd want to carry in our Cougar. I'm much happier with a 4 ton bottle jack that weighs about 6 pounds and it fits in a box that's about 6"x6"x8". I can put it in the same area as my chocks with no problems. The 1.5 ton floor jack would take up that entire area plus, so I wouldn't consider it a "portable RV type jack".....

bsmith0404
10-11-2015, 04:52 PM
3k lbs is pretty low for lifting most RVs. You don't say what you have so I don't know for sure. I carry a 12 ton bottle jack that came in a carry case (walmart for about $30). It's not tall enough to lift my RV at the frame so I also carry a block made out of 2x8 that gives me the height I need.