PDA

View Full Version : Hideout 38BHDS

rntacp
10-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Our new trailer was delivered and blocked up at our seasonal site yesterday. We're in Ontatio so it won't see much use before I have to winterize it. I combed this forum well before I purchased, lots of great info. It also made me skeptical about Keystone but at the end of the day any issues that may arise will be a lot easier to deal with if my dealer is on my side. I had a good experience and hope they'll help me out should any issues arise. And I think quality amongst ALL trailers is A: not that good and B: a roll of the dice.

I looked at a Salem BKIS and had an awful first impression. Fit, finish and overall quality seemed sub par especially after I looked at the Hideout. I also looked at the Wildwood. Again, I'm glad I found these boards. I was able to use the PDI checklist and discovered some things I should look out for. IE vacuum breaker valve in the black water flushing system.

It was fairly late after set up so I haven't had a chance to really play with the trailer. I hooked up the black tank flushing system and did notice a small amount of water under the bathroom sink. When I say small I mean 1-2 drops. Nothing their when I went through it during the PDI however I was using the bathroom sink a lot after set up. I'll have to have a good look when I go back out to the trailer.

I opted for the 7 year extended warranty and power slide awning covers. I was back and forth on the warranty especially after researching here. I decided on it mainly because the trailer will see a lot of use. I'll likely never use it but if I didn't get it I'd likely be kicking myself in the *** down the road. I decided on the slide out covers again because it's on site set up permanently.

I look forward to more info from here and maybe even contribute...