PDA

View Full Version : Question for COugar 33res/30rli owners

steveh326
09-30-2015, 07:34 AM
I am probably about 75% sure my next camper will be one of these units. Leaning heavily toward 33res. I am bummed they no longer have a walkable roof or the mor/ryde suspension. I can add the mor/ryde afterwards and while disappointed in the roof I don't think it will be a deal breaker for me.

one question tho on these units... is the queen bed a full 80" bed or is it a camper queen? Wife and I really do not like the camper queen we have in our current trailer, neither of us like our feet hanging off the bed, and this IS a deal breaker for us. I could not find any details on Keystone site and haven't been able to get to the dealer to check to look at one in person yet to measure.

TandE
09-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Just looking at those two models on keystone website it shows both have king beds and in my experience is the kings are full size but maybe someone knows for sure. What year are the trailers you are looking at? The king bed seems to be for 16 not sure on older ones.

Travis

steveh326
09-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Just looking at those two models on keystone website it shows both have king beds and in my experience is the kings are full size but maybe someone knows for sure. What year are the trailers you are looking at? The king bed seems to be for 16 not sure on older ones.

Travis

yeah the king bed is new for 2016 it seems... up until about a week or 2 ago the floorplans showed queen beds but no dimensions. Just noticed the king bed this morning... not sure if it's option or standard, don't need a king but want a long bed !

Dealer about 30 mins away has a 2015 30rli on the lot. called and salesmen had no clue on bed length. may run up there to see it and take my tape measure with me.

TandE
09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
From how they lost king bed on it i believe it is standard now. Usually the bed will say queen optional King.

If the bed has said queen it usually means a short queen. The units I have seen that have a full queen usually say residential queen meaning full size.

Again this is just what I have seen and experienced. All three of my trailers said queen and it was short.

Travis

theallde
09-30-2015, 07:01 PM
We have a 2015 Cougar X-Lite 30RLI that HAD a camper queen bed but we added 6" of heavy duty foam at the bed head thus now have a full size queen with still plenty of room at the end of the bed and dresser cabinet.

Hope this helps ...... Don

PS: We love are 30RLI for the fact that it has a large wardrobe closet in the front, dresser cabinet, angled toilet, kitchen island and fireplace (we hardly ever use our furnace anymore).

steveh326
10-01-2015, 05:58 AM
We have a 2015 Cougar X-Lite 30RLI that HAD a camper queen bed but we added 6" of heavy duty foam at the bed head thus now have a full size queen with still plenty of room at the end of the bed and dresser cabinet.

Hope this helps ...... Don

PS: We love are 30RLI for the fact that it has a large wardrobe closet in the front, dresser cabinet, angled toilet, kitchen island and fireplace (we hardly ever use our furnace anymore).

thanks Don ! Is there enough room between the end of the bed and the dresser when the slide is in to leave the extra 6" in place? I was thinking maybe I could extend the plywood and use a regular queen mattress if it did not hit the dresser when the slide was in.

I am with you, we are sold on the full width wardrobe in the bedroom of the 30rli/33res. I like the bathroom of the 30rli over the 33res with it's extra storage, and wall space to mount a towel bar. But I think I give a slight edge to the kitchen/lr layout on the 33res, although not by much.

theallde
10-02-2015, 05:43 PM
The mattress has to be lifted during the slide-in procedure then it rests 6" on the top of the dresser; this procedure has not been a big deal.

When the slide-out is extended out their is still plenty of walking room between the dresser and the mattress - in fact we have dog steps at the end of the bed and still have room to walk.

We now have sheets, comforters, etc. that fit a full gueen size bed.

Good luck in your decision .... Don