PDA

View Full Version : Short Queen to standard Queen Mod; by moving entertainment center

chartrand
09-24-2015, 06:00 PM
My floor plan has a 75 inch long queen bed, often called a short queen. Normal queen is 80 inches long. In my trailer, the entertainment center is at the end of the bed and centered. I began taking apart the entertainment center (sides) to see what it would take to move it. Less than 18 screws are holding in place and after removing them all I was able to slide the unit about 3 inches making the distance from the front of the trailer to the entertainment center 80 and 1/2 inches. I can now put in an 80 inch mattress. I'm looking forward to my next night's sleep where my feet are not up against the entertainment center all night. Oh and yes there are wires to work around that are on the drivers side of the trailer. I had to drill a new hole and fish the stereo wires and coax (antenna) cables through to the new location. I still have to put everything back together, so probably something I'll finish up tomorrow.

B-O-B'03
09-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Hi Pat,

Nice mod, we put a memory foam topper on our bed and it is just a little longer than the mattress, so it is a pain to make the bed.

Did you extend the board that supports the mattress?

I think your entertainment center is different than mine, for ours the TV connections are on the back wall of the upper cabinet, behind the left side door.

Do you have pocket doors for the bedroom?

Thanks,

-Brian

chartrand
09-25-2015, 06:20 AM
I don't have pocket doors, it's those accordion type you pull across. You have the newer style that are pocket doors. I purchased a new mattress 75in memory foam, but did not extend the support boards under it.