PDA

View Full Version : Ford Announced the 2017 Superduty Today

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
This morning Ford released information on the 2017 Superduty lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fordtrucks?&utm_medium=email&utm_source=fordtough&utm_content=1+-+CLICK+HERE+TO+WATCH+TOMORROW+AT+1145+am+&utm_campaign=FOT_20150923_OPTIN_SD&source=FOT_20150923_OPTIN_SD

The Ford website has information on the new truck complete with pictures and specifications.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/2017/

No doubt more information will follow, but this is at least a start

Festus2
09-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Is it a bird? A plane? No, it's the Superduty Ford! Faster than a speeding bullet! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound! Stronger than a locomotive!

Built tough, smart, and strong. Best in everything.
A man's truck. A truck for...... Superman!

Are you man enough to drive one? See your local Ford Dealer today!

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 10:02 AM
LOL I don't know that it's "quite that stupendous".... After all, it is a Ford :)

Oh, and as for "see your local Ford dealer"... The new trucks won't be available until "late 2016" (says the website)....

I guess Superman (and mortal men) will have to wait a while longer, but at least there are some pictures of and information on the "fabled new truck".............

They did announce a "third engine" for the superduty, the 6.8L. In the past couple of years, it's only been available in the chassis/cab, not in the conventional truck line. Maybe they are returning to the V-10 as a more powerful gas engine alternative? Hmmm

Lots more questions than answers right now. That's probably exactly what Ford intended with the introduction, get people interested and talking..... :D

X-Treme
09-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Ugh. Yuck!

rbev2308
09-24-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm glad I bought mine when I did..I do not like the look nor do I like the Aluminum...call me a skeptic. I watched some of them(F150) crash test video's. I understand the need for change and some of what I am reading will be a positive for sure. Personally, I would make every 1 ton truck a diesel. I drove one of the dually's with gas for fun and it was a joke in my opinion. Especially when towing when I imagine the mpg goes down 50% or more..I am sure they will use this to their advantage in the latest towing wars.

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Ugh. Yuck!

I agree !!! It does look too much like the current GMC's..... ROFL :p

sourdough
09-24-2015, 11:11 AM
It does look a lot like a GMC!!

X-Treme
09-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey. I'm not a fan of the current GM trucks either. As much of a GM man that I am, if I were gonna buy a new HD truck tomorrow, it would definitely be a Mega Cab Dodge.

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Hey. I'm not a fan of the current GM trucks either. As much of a GM man that I am, if I were gonna buy a new HD truck tomorrow, it would definitely be a Mega Cab Dodge.

I'm glad that somebody makes a truck that'll make you happy. :)

As for the Ford (reason for this thread) there are a lot of "innovations" that will make towing much easier and convenient. Integrated TPMS for trailer tires, integrated cameras (up to 7 on the vehicle) to include the capability to install a trailer camera that can be viewed on the installed dash monitor, a back up system (supposedly a dash knob) that will help the driver back a trailer into a tight site.... There are a lot of "improvements" in electronics and safety to go along with the aluminum body and enhanced strength frame.

I suppose with every "new truck" the manufacturer will "hype the innovations".. It does seem like there are some "user friendly" innovations to simplify RV towing. Now, if the three manufacturers could collaborate to provide safety, reliability, improved ease of towing in an affordable truck.....

Not everyone will "like" any offering from any manufacturer. I don't believe this new Superduty will "appeal" to all buyers. Maybe that's why Dodge and GM are still producing trucks. Let's not turn this into a "I'd buy a Dodge" or "I think GM is better" thread. Maybe, just maybe we can all absorb the information provided by Ford and learn what they have to offer in their new model without finding fault before the darn truck is even in the showroom????

gearhead
09-24-2015, 05:21 PM
That rear seat 110volt outlet and the new spot for the F350 decal pretty much pushed me over the edge. I'm headed to my dealer to get on the list.
Looks aren't too bad. A cut above a Studebaker.
Most likely my next one.

bsmith0404
09-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Don't the current Fords have a 110 outlet? Personally, I don't like the look of the rear fenders on the dually, not sure why they used boxy square with a round flare, but I'm sure some will like it. All of the innovations sounds nice, just wonder what kind of a price tag will go along with them, I keep hearing a cash register ching, ching, ching. The scary part for me, although I don't see a new Ford in my future, all of those extras that drive the price up is typically duplicated in some way, shape, or form by the other two. By the time I decide to buy another truck prices may be getting into the mid 70s.......DAMN IT, I'm trying to be retired!

chuckster57
09-24-2015, 07:24 PM
By the time I decide to buy another truck prices may be getting into the mid 70s.......DAMN IT, I'm trying to be retired!

Might be there already. Sad to think in a few years a truck might cost more than my house. Will they offer 30 yr financing?

bsmith0404
09-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Might be there already. Sad to think in a few years a truck might cost more than my house. Will they offer 30 yr financing?

30 yr with tax deductible interest? Heck, my current truck payment almost matches my mortgage. They need to increase the warranty to 10 yrs and 200k miles so they are covered at least until paid off.

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 07:47 PM
A current model F350 Lariat equipped with "most" (not all) of the available options has a sticker of about $68,500. Historically, Ford has introduced new models or "revamped" models at near the "old model price" and then once in production, increased the price incrementally to accommodate profits while maintaining customer desire.

So, I'm guessing that with the current price already "over $65K", it won't be long before the "new model price" is at or over the $70K mark..... :banghead:

Anybody want to bet that any price increase at Ford is quickly followed with similar pricing from the competition? That said, I agree, we'll likely see "well equipped luxury level trucks" over $70K around the time these new trucks hit the street..... :(

bsmith0404
09-24-2015, 08:06 PM
How far away are we from a 6 figure truck? :eek:

JRTJH
09-24-2015, 08:25 PM
With a few "after market" additions like air intake/exhaust systems, a delete kit, tuner and associated improvements to the hardware, upgraded wheels/tires, and a "fancy tonneau cover" I think we're already seeing 6 figure investments.....

Oh, and yes, the current model superduty trucks do have a 110 outlet. Current version is a 140 or 150 watt inverter(depending on year). The 2017 version is listed as a 400 watt outlet.

theeyres
09-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Guess if it looks too much like a GMC, you know who they are trying to catch up with...LOL

kimbashaw
09-25-2015, 02:20 AM
Nice looking trucks. Not a Ford guy myself, but to each his own

jsmith948
09-25-2015, 05:49 AM
The rear cab having a flat floor when the seats are raised is a plus for me.
Does look too much like a Chebby for me"bouncey:

gearhead
09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
You have to admit a truck today isn't the truck of years ago. I don't think any of my Dad's trucks of the 1950's and 60's had A/C. He bought all of them used and probably never paid more than $2,000. They wouldn't pull a 12,000# trailer either. My first truck, a new 1976 GMC, with a 350 cu. in. probably didn't have 250HP.
I can remember when the women of my family would not think about riding in a truck. Never saw any of them in a truck.

chuckster57
09-25-2015, 12:09 PM
My '72 F250 had A/C and a weak 351. Moved to an '86 F250 with a beefy 460. It had A/C and when I was done with mods, put a butt load of hp to the ground. 7 mpg with the old fiver hooked on. IIRC it was like $7500.00 new. In '08 I bought my current TV. '94 F350 CC LB dually, 7.3 IDI turbo. Only had 53XXX on the clock, paid $8500.00. It only has 74XXX on it now, so I can't justify the price of a new one for it to sit on the driveway and look "Purdy" 90% of the time. And for the record, I hate the new rear fender flares on the DRW, ugly as you know what.

vampress_me
09-25-2015, 01:38 PM
I agree !!! It does look too much like the current GMC's..... ROFL :p

Too funny! When I showed hubby the pictures, he said the same thing.

Personally, I'm glad we have our 2016. It worked awesome on the trip out to MT (it came in right before we were going to leave). And getting 11-12 mpg towing thru the mountains was nice compared to the old truck getting 8-9 on flat land. But mainly, I'm glad ours is still steel. I know the aluminum is lighter, but I'm a little skeptical about how well the aluminum will hold up, how much it would cost to fix (too many deer here), and how well the assembly lines are doing to prevent galvanic corrosion between the steel parts and the aluminum parts.

JRTJH
06-16-2016, 02:32 PM
For those that are interested, the Ford website now has the ordering information, pricing and "build your Superduty" website functional. I just "built" my 2015 Lariat, the price of the new one is about $600 more than the sticker price posted on my truck. There doesn't appear to be any "incentives" listed yet and no "0% financing" offered.

There are some very "neat" and "desirable" options available. Most notable for me, is the inclusion of a "trailer mounted rear camera" that integrates into the 8" dash screen. While there are several other new features that might be "nice toys", the rest of the offering seems to be very close to previous options per trim level and packages are, for the most part, consistent with previous years.

If Ford holds true to their "new model introduction pricing", the new SuperDuty will enter the market very close to 2016 pricing and there will be multiple price increases over the first model year. That's the way they introduced almost every new model in the past 10 to 15 years.

Here's the "build and price" website: http://www.shopus.ford.com/build/superduty/2017/#/select/?fmccmp=160520-bca-tobykeith2016

Desert185
06-16-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm so happy I'm happy with what I have. :thumbsup: :)

mtofell
06-16-2016, 06:46 PM
For those that are interested, the Ford website now has the ordering information, pricing and "build your Superduty" website functional. I just "built" my 2015 Lariat, the price of the new one is about $600 more than the sticker price posted on my truck. There doesn't appear to be any "incentives" listed yet and no "0% financing" offered.

There are some very "neat" and "desirable" options available. Most notable for me, is the inclusion of a "trailer mounted rear camera" that integrates into the 8" dash screen. While there are several other new features that might be "nice toys", the rest of the offering seems to be very close to previous options per trim level and packages are, for the most part, consistent with previous years.

If Ford holds true to their "new model introduction pricing", the new SuperDuty will enter the market very close to 2016 pricing and there will be multiple price increases over the first model year. That's the way they introduced almost every new model in the past 10 to 15 years.

Here's the "build and price" website: http://www.shopus.ford.com/build/superduty/2017/#/select/?fmccmp=160520-bca-tobykeith2016

I followed the link and played around building a truck. Are there any confirmed engine HP/Torque specs yet? I didn't see them but didn't spend too much time looking.

Ken / Claudia
06-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Anyone want to make a guess at the replacement cost of just one headlight assembly. I say over 600 bucks.

bsmith0404
06-16-2016, 09:32 PM
You'd be surprised at how cheap headlight assemblies are these days. Most are actually around the $250 mark, I would expect these to be much different.

For anyone who wants a new truck, but not really looking for the 2017, hold on until Dec. The Ford lots are packed full of F250 and F350 diesels. When the 2017s start hitting the lots this fall the prices on the 16's will drop. Come December you'll be able to get an F250 in the F150 price range. Around $12-15k off MSRP.

JRTJH
06-17-2016, 04:59 AM
Anyone want to make a guess at the replacement cost of just one headlight assembly. I say over 600 bucks.

I'm guessing you're pretty close to the mark on price, especially with the optional LED headlight/tail light/fog light package that ups the price $1080 over the "standard light package".... I wonder if Ford has found a way to keep frost/ice from building up on the LED headlights?

1jeep
06-21-2016, 10:49 AM
the sticker on my 2016 f350 drw was $74265, there already are some substantial discounts, they took $12k off. I don't know if they will go much cheaper as there are many of us not in a rush to be ford product tester.

carwheel_09
06-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Had my Bosch high pressure fuel pump internally come apart on my 2015. Truck has 22k miles on it. I wasn't happy, had to cancel going to see my granddaughters. Covered under warranty took longer to get approval than fix it. Very concerning to see how much had to come apart to replace the pump. The warranty on these trucks is all over the place. Some things 3 years 36k miles some 60k and the other is a crap shoot. I'm probably not going to hold onto this truck as long as I'd planned. Wait and see what the pricing is on a 18 model year. I'm not a tester either.