PDA

View Full Version : Slow slide, fast slide

dmar
09-22-2015, 12:47 PM
We have found that the slide on our 2010 Cougar 276RLS works very slowly when we use the switch on the control panel, but much faster when we use the remote. Is this normal? We had decided to take it in for service on the slide mechanism, but it must be OK since it works well with the remote.

omextreme
09-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Just a guess without knowing exactly how the unit is wired. It may possibly be a under rated or worn connection on the panel switch not allowing much current (amps) through to the slide motors. The relay on the wireless module may have stronger contacts and allow more amps...

Just a wild guess, Take the switch loose and look for discolored metal connections, melted plastic or just plain loose wires.

dmar
09-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Just a guess without knowing exactly how the unit is wired. It may possibly be a under rated or worn connection on the panel switch not allowing much current (amps) through to the slide motors. The relay on the wireless module may have stronger contacts and allow more amps...

Just a wild guess, Take the switch loose and look for discolored metal connections, melted plastic or just plain loose wires.

Makes sense. I'll try that. Thanks, Don

PerryB
09-29-2015, 05:46 PM
The remote operates a relay on the control panel which is near the battery box and also a short run to the slide pump motor. The inside switch has a much longer circuit loop. Direct current is a lazy form of electricity and doesn't like to travel long distances relative to the wire size and current load. I noticed our trailer does the same thing, although its fairly slight. You can notice it but you have to be paying attention. My crackpot theory is the circuit length is the cause.

---- Relative to some of my theories, this one is pretty good.:)