PDA

View Full Version : Slide bar rubbing on rear drvrs side tire

wilkesy
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I have an 04 29"4" Cougar Trailer with a livingroom slide. The 1" square bar that runs between the slide drive motor side (back end of slide) to the idler side (front end of slide is rubbing the rear drivers side tire on the inside of the tire when driving. I have talked to keystone and as I am the second owner, no warranty. The bar will just miss the tire if it is exactly in the right spot but when making a turn the axles twist enough to make it rub no matter what.

Other than going to a smaller tubing size I am not sure what to do.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

hankpage
07-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Randy, Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.
I have been wanting to put 16" tires on my Cougar (290RKS '07) but the clearance from that square bar to the side wall has me worried. I have about 3/4 in. clearance now, with no rubbing for 15,000 mi..
What size tires are on your trailer and are they radial or bias ply? Also do you inflate to max pressure? Hank

wilkesy
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Hank;

I only have about 1/4 inch clearance at best when everthing is squared up. The tires are right from the factory. I would have to go out and look but I believe they are 225-70R 15 radials. Tire pressure is at max.

As long as your tires aren't any wider I am sure you would be ok to go to 16"

I did notice that the 1" bar has a smaller bar inside it so I may try reversing it to the back to see if it gives me more room.

Thanks

Randy

deadeye
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
If you have enough clearance on the outside of the trailer, you could put a 1/4 spacer plate on the wheel studs to stop it from rubbing.