PDA

View Full Version : Onboard A/C unit would not work

gary31
09-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Unplugged the TH form shore power at the house and went out to our favorite boondock location. Fired up the Onan and everything came on except the A/C, I spent the next hour playing detective. I flipped breakers on and off turned on the Onan checked and rechecked breakers. I even connected my second Honda generator up to shore power connection but all was useless.
After a break and a cold beer I was sitting in the recliner looking at the a/c unit in the ceiling and decided to look inside the unit. I got out my step stool and opened up the filter panel and was looking around with my flashlight. Much to my surprise was a white box mounted to the side wall with several low voltage wires and guess what, there was a hanging wire and an open port.
I plugged it back into the port and then flipped the A/C switch ...... A/C started and no trip to the dealer for repair.
The moral of this story is never give up if you are going to own an RV because it is not if but when things stop working. My wife was ready to pack up and head home after just a few minutes of humid NC 90's. But not me I was determined to have a great Labor day weekend.

jdmuth
09-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Wow... Good save. It is great to be able and trouble shoot these problems.

hankpage
09-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Correction .... the moral of the story is take a break, relax and enjoy an adult beverage and if you want to put a quick chill in the room, just tell the DW to keep the beers a comin'.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_184402_0_d8c3af97a51215e4c3c933dcbf02ee09.gif

Ron
09-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes good work Gary, as you stated, not if but when something happens use common sense and look around, usually you can figure it out without ruining a trip, sometimes but not all the time....:thumbsup::thumbsup: