PDA

View Full Version : 3 holding tanks

roadglide
09-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Is 3 holding tanks the norm for the Fusion . I have Fusion Impact with 3 holding tanks with the gauges way off. I have one black and one gray one for the galley. I found out that the tanks have a float inside , it appears they did away with the old reliable sending units.

chuckster57
09-07-2015, 07:55 PM
How did you find out there are floats? It's standard for the fuel tank, but I have yet to see a float set up in a plumbing tank. Sensors in the side with the resistor pack is still very cheap to use.

It seems like the third gray (galley) tank depends on placement of galley and trailer length.

roadglide
09-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Dealer told me they try to get the floats accurate as possible. We agreed the old sending unit where more reliable.

chuckster57
09-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Dealer told me they try to get the floats accurate as possible. We agreed the old sending unit where more reliable.
I call BS. If you can just take out a few screws holding the coroplast and have a look for your self. I bet you'll see 4 probes and the wiring.

Festus2
09-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Floats in a black holding tank? There is enough human waste and toilet paper floating around in that tank to render useless any kind of float to accurately measure the amount of liquid in the tank.

roadglide
09-08-2015, 09:16 PM
I don't know and haven't seen it for my self , just what the service manager told me there floats that are manual adjusted .http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/01/12/rv-holding-tank-monitor-system yes Sir I think its BS

dcg9381
09-10-2015, 09:41 AM

The old units may have been reliable, but they certainly weren't accurate...

I'm surprised that they have floats!

roadglide
09-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't know and haven't seen it for my self , just what the service manager told me there floats that are manual adjusted .http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/01/12/rv-holding-tank-monitor-system yes Sir I think its BS I will be surprised my self . Like I said in this post I haven't pulled the belly cover down to look and its not on my to do list LOL.

roadglide
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM
The holding tanks are a mystery to what water darns where. What Im going to do is open one valve at a time and have the Darling girlfriend and run 1 faucet at a time.

Bigg-limo
09-17-2015, 07:38 PM
The holding tanks are a mystery to what water darns where. What Im going to do is open one valve at a time and have the Darling girlfriend and run 1 faucet at a time.

Yep that's normal. The black is for the toilet, the gray is for the shower and restroom sink, and the galley is the kitchen sink.

gtsum2
09-21-2015, 02:46 AM
This^^^^^^