PDA

View Full Version : Loading Tri Glide

HDCVO
09-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Searched and could not find thread. Thinking of purchasing Harley Tri Glide Ultra. Has any one had experience loading Tri Glide in a Fuzion 395 or similar. Concerned about clearance at bottom. Factory specs say 4.5 inches. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ken

roadglide
09-07-2015, 12:05 PM
You could use a 2 by 6 the under the length of the door, that would decrees the angle . I don't see a problem because there is a 2 ft dove tale going into the garage.

HDCVO
09-08-2015, 04:34 AM
Thanks roadglide. May have to try that. Most concerned about mufflers dragging when first going up ramp. The Tri Glide has a longer distance from rear wheels to tips of mufflers. My current Road Glide barely clears mufflers now. Was just hoping someone might have experience with this setup.

FlyingChief
09-08-2015, 09:53 AM
A good friend has a Triglide. His mufflers hit at the bottom of the ramp when loading. Actually, the bigger problem was when backing out - if he was on something soft, the mufflers dug into the ground. I don't remember exactly how he solved the problem (he's out of the country, so I can't get to him to ask), but I believe he placed 2x6s under the end of the door and uses ramps to reduce the angle. He had no problem at the top of the ramp due to the beaver tail as mentioned above.

Pull Toy
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
My old Road King was a problem with the kick stand bracket.

I made a home made ramp extender using 3/4 inch plywood, and stock 4x6's under the ramp bumpers to reduce the angle of attack. I've seen it done with diamond plate too, but plywood has better traction in my opinion.

Good Luck!

BlueknightWI
09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I've never tried to load a Tri Glide. However, there is a company out there-maybe Kuryakyn- who makes a rear end kit for those bikes. It raises the rear end of the bike by like 2". Apparently, the lack of clearance is a problem for more than loading into a TH. Just a thought.

HDCVO
09-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Gives me some ideas as to what to expect and solve. Plywood extender sounds like a possibility. However, I have the patio option, which could require removing rails for clearance. Think maybe I'll just have to get some portable ramps.
Thanks Again, Ken

Desert185
09-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Rear end sagging? Payload exceeded? Cholo pipes without the low rider hydraulics? Bag it! No mas problemas.

:)

Lkha
01-02-2016, 09:43 AM
My glide drags even with the lift. I carry two 2x8 5ft long. I put them about 2-3 ft up ramp for rear tires. It changes the bike angle enough not to drag. A hassle but worth it.