PDA

View Full Version : This may be apples to oranges...

Desert185
09-06-2015, 07:44 AM
While visiting friends we stayed in their new, Forest River Vibe Ultra Lite, as they had just bought a house. The guest bedroom wasn't ready yet.

The heater blew cold air out of the single roof vent in the bedroom (no floor vents), and would never shut off when set for 70F. The living room was warm enough, which had me wondering how the heater would work if it were really cold outside. My 326 blows heat and shuts off pretty quick. The build quality looked OK, but the trailer really moved around a lot on the "stabilizers", which seemed to be a poor description of what they were supposed to do. Makes us appreciate our 326SRX even more.

As a side note, they tow with a newer F150 that almost has a matching tow capacity for the trailer's GW. The P rated tires are "squirmy" according to my friend.

It was probably an unfair comparison, but one that made us feel good about our 326 decision, and made me wonder how the similar Keystone line would compare to the FR Vibe.

hankpage
09-06-2015, 08:14 AM
I guess what they say is not true all the time .... The grass is not always greener. :D