PDA

View Full Version : mods

Richard Noble
09-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Here is what I've done so far:
1)removed fabric underbelly (had to), installed metal and a trailer hitch.
2)redid the gasket under the main slide-out.
3)redid all coax connections.
4)installed DexFlex axel gadgets (can't remember the real name of these things but they attach to the spring shackles to prevent forward/backward chucking).
5)Maxair covers over all vents - these are the kind that one can remove pins from one side to get under them for cleaning.
6)replaced front landing legs - each one now has its own motor and switch and they are a lot more powerful than the OEM's.
7)had installed solar panel set-up for boondocking as well as built a portable 500w wind generator but I've removed all that. We discovered we would rather go to a commercial park.
8)installed LED lights through-out the coach. Even put a 12 ft. strip under the door side of the 5er with a remote control.
9)new Optima battery.
10)under overhang cover.
11)rebuilt the front basement storage door (after putting the truck gate in it). I redid the door by dividing it into two parts, using 3/4 in. marine plywood and used chain to hold the bottom half which now makes a nice work space. Besides the fact that the original door could not be opened with the truck attached.
12)put glass tile splash back around the walls near the stove and around the sink. Here I used a rubber tile glued to the walls to allow the glass tile to flex and not fall off. 2 years and still tight.
I know there is more but can't remember them.

Alpine
09-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Very nice! Thank for sharing your hard work/ideas!

randy69
09-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Please send pictures of mods

Richard Noble
09-05-2015, 04:38 PM
I wish I knew how to attach pics!

SteveC7010
09-05-2015, 05:07 PM
I wish I knew how to attach pics!
Why not read the Sticky in the Forum Technical Support section about that exact subject? It's there specifically help folks learn how to do it. It's really quite easy.

Desert185
09-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Personalizing your dwelling with mods/accessories makes the RVing experience so much more pleasant.

Agree on the solar/windmill. Stay in a park or simply use a genny (2x2000W, in my case).

Richard Noble
09-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Here are a couple more:
1) Redid the over-flow hose for the fresh water tank. Keystone had it going to the top of the fill tube, every time I filled the tank the over-flow filled up and the next time I filled the fresh water tank, it would not fill up (no vent). I rerouted the tube to drain out the bottom - no more problem.
2) This unit came with a beautiful four-door frig. Problem is - this frig was designed for a motor home not a 5er. It has a locking feature that must be connected to an alternator (not something normally found on a 5er). I was able to figure out how to wire the lock to a switch - just have to remember to flip the switch when we take off or the doors open going down the road.
3) Also wired two additional fans to this frig since the two it came with did not work very well.
4) Installed clear plastic L's (these are really for corner protections) at the edge of the shelves of the pantry and the cabinet in the bathroom. These help hold things in place while traveling.
5) Built a slide-out tray for the basement. Holds 500#. Which is about the weight of the tools I carry. I have found that one must have a full set of tools when owning a Keystone product. Not bashing just a statement of fact.

This thing is more of a hobby then anything else!

Richard Noble
09-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Still trying to learn how to post pics.

SteveC7010
09-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Still trying to learn how to post pics.
Main page of the forum, all the way to the bottom: Forum Technical Support. The very first post (Posting Photos In A Forum) is a sticky with instructions on posting pics: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7518

Richard Noble
09-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Thanks, SteveC. I'll see what I can do about posting pics. I did copy that page of instructions.