PDA

View Full Version : Reese dual cam 1200 pound bars towing and use

lspajm
09-05-2015, 04:57 AM
I just bought one of these to replace my husky round bar set up where I was using 2 friction sway bars to tow my 2011 passport 3220bh.

Is there anything I should know about using this hitch set up or setting it up ? I am excited that it will work smoother for sway control vs what I have now but wanted some actual user thoughts and input. Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE
09-06-2015, 06:21 AM
I bought and installed that setup with the round bars, pretty straight forward per instructions. I had to move my propane tanks a little forward, no big deal. Read like 5 times then installled myself. Been 5 years with no issues. Drove thru some really harry storms and pulls like a dream.

SteveC7010
09-06-2015, 06:39 AM
I just bought one of these to replace my husky round bar set up where I was using 2 friction sway bars to tow my 2011 passport 3220bh.

Is there anything I should know about using this hitch set up or setting it up? I am excited that it will work smoother for sway control vs what I have now but wanted some actual user thoughts and input. Thanks !
There are also lots of existing threads about fine tuning the Reese DC setup to be found here and out on the net.

If it doesn't offend you to get some really good and useful information from a forum devoted to a different brand of RV, hop on over to sunlineclub.com and look up some posts by JohnB. He is a master at setting up the Reese DC and towing in general. I think he's got the info in stickies now so they should be easy to find. If not, just a few seconds with the search function over there should find them.

audio1der
09-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Read through the instructions several times, and have the tools on hand to do the job properly, before you begin.
http://www.hitchpro.net/application/support/instructions/n26102.pdf

We ended up having our brackets welded to the frame as the bolts ate the threads in the frame hole and left us little choice.

Other than that, I found the following thread VERY helpful in fine-tuning the DCSC system. I took me several tries to really dial it all with hitch head height to get the trailer nose level, get at least 5 links of chain under tension and just "feel right" when pulling.
http://forums.trailerlife.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17730894.cfm

Let us know if you have any difficulties. It's not the easiest/fastest setup but it's right up there in terms of performance once you have it correct for you.

SteveC7010
09-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Other than that, I found the following thread VERY helpful in fine-tuning the DCSC system. I took me several tries to really dial it all with hitch head height to get the trailer nose level, get at least 5 links of chain under tension and just "feel right" when pulling.
http://forums.trailerlife.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17730894.cfm
The large middle section of that post written by JBarca is a summary of the same info that I referenced to be found over on sunlineclub.com. JBarca is the JohnB that I spoke of. He's truly a master of the Reese DC.

lspajm
09-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Thanks folks I am sure this will be very helpful and I appreciate your input

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk