PDA

View Full Version : New Springdale owner from Colorado Springs

PoBeard
03-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Greetings from beautiful Colorado Springs.
My wife and I bought a 2010 Springdale 280FWIK last June. We have been camping in it 5 times and we love it. I tow it with a 2003 F250 supercab with a Reese sliding hitch. Have mostly lurked on forums in the past, but I'm looking forward to participating on this one. Finally, we plan on retiring in about 4 years, so any advice will be welcomed...

W.E.BGood
03-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Greetings! Read, learn, contribute and enjoy! Oh, and on the advice part...retire as soon as reasonably possible...I highly recommend it, every day's a Saturday. Regards, BGood

THedges
03-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Welcome from a fellow Springdale owner!

JRTJH
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome from yet another Springdale owner. Lots to be said about our trailers, suprisingly, for the price, I see a lot of people walking past them to look at others in a higher price range. I'm glad I stopped and peeked in the door. Pleasantly suprised and the more I look in and under it, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice. Of course, time will tell, but I am optomistic that we'll see a lot more Springdale owners on here!!!

Flyguy
03-28-2011, 05:36 PM
And welcome from yet another Springdale owner. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Handysam
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome, participation is very much welcomed. Happy Camping, Sam,

cumminsdad08
03-29-2011, 11:33 AM
glad to see there is a few more on here, i was getting nervous. welcome abord

wozzukes
03-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone! Just happened across this site and was happy to see some recent comments! We just picked up our 2011 284FWBHSSR last week and can't wait for our first trip coming up in 2 weeks! We hope to pick up some good tips from other Springdale owners!

JRTJH
04-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Tips for Springdale owners:

1. Take the A/C inside cover off and check the 4 bolts that hold it on the roof. One of mine was not installed (just dangling) and 1 was very loose.

2. While that cover is off, check to see how the A/C ducts are sealed. Mine were not sealed well and were blowing cold air into the rafters. A few yards of aluminum duct seal tape and all is well (DON'T use fabric duct tape). My how much more air comes out of those vents.

3. Take off the heat registers and use a flashlight and mirror to check the ducting. It's probably full of sawdust, and may well have seal problems also.

4. Look where the water inlets are located (from inside the trailer) You'll probably find that there is no insulation in the 3" hole sawed in the side of your trailer.

5. Check the back of the outside shower (the side inside your trailer) Chances are there's no insulation there.

6. Check the skylight in the bath. You may find a sheet of plastic film between the two parts. Mine had a fold which looked like a crack is the only reason I even noticed it.

7. Watch for splinters on the bed frame. The 1/2 inch OSB used as the base for the mattress is not finished on the edges. They have significant splinters and reaching under the mattress to lift the frame could be a suprise that bites you on the hand LOL

Overall, I'd say that Springdale builds a good trailer. Surely none of the things I mention here will cause a significant problem (other than the A/C possibly falling off) but if they exist, they can degrade your trailering experience and we all want that to be the best it can be :)