PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC Campgrounds

Nuke
08-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Hi All:

We're looking to find a good (i.e. 'upscale') RV park during October. I've found the James Island County Campground (comes with praise from other members). Can anyone suggest others in the area?

Thanks in advance!

John

mazboy123
09-01-2015, 04:24 AM
have you looked at this site?
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/south-carolina/charleston

Barbell
09-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Have stayed at James Island and at the Air Force base next to the airport (military only). Much prefer the air base but James Island is good as well, just a little far out.

Wantoride
09-01-2015, 02:06 PM
James island is nice if you get a good site. It's not to far from downtown. Great if you have kids. It's much like a regional park with bike trails, playgrounds, fishing in the local pond.

kmc58
09-02-2015, 02:42 AM
We have stayed at the KOA Mount Pleasant/Charleston KOA several times. It is a nice clean campground. Love the Charleston area :)

byrdr1
09-02-2015, 06:29 AM
James island is nice if you get a good site. It's not to far from downtown. Great if you have kids. It's much like a regional park with bike trails, playgrounds, fishing in the local pond.
I stayed here 3 times and I would not go anywhere else.
randy

fla-gypsy
09-02-2015, 06:57 AM
James Island is always my only destination there

sbaker
09-04-2015, 12:55 PM
We have stayed at the KOA Mount Pleasant/Charleston KOA several times. It is a nice clean campground. Love the Charleston area :)

Agree. KOA is clean, quiet, convenient.
Airforce Force base has alot of homesteaders!

southernlady
09-24-2015, 09:08 AM
My husband and I took our shake down trip to the Mount Pleasant/Charleston KOA. EXCELLENT property.

What is so cool about it is that it is part of the Oakland Plantation.

Nuke
10-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Hello All:

I (albeit late...) appreciate all the helpful feedback on the Charleston campgrounds. We have been out having fun and ignoring the computer/forums so we have been neglectful on the 'thank you' we owed the group.

Anyway, we wound up in the Oak Plantation campground. We've found it very nice, and as an addition quite sparsely populated due to the recent flooding. We came in the day after the water receded and have had zero issues here. The sites are quite large for a private campground and the staff, unlike some other posts, have been quite outgoing and helpful and yes, friendly. We're very happy with our selection, and will definitely come again.

On the down side, the two men's rooms here are horrid. They smell like urine 24x7. A pressure washer is definitely indicated to 'get the stink out'. The showers are just too small for me, buy I'm a big guy. Don't think I'm just complaining here - we don't use the bathhouses as our RV bath is quite sufficient for two people (and it's nice to use your own facilities!).

I give this park two thumbs up - it has been perfect for us! And as I said before, we'll definitely be back!

Just the two of us - Cindy & John
(left the two tag-alongs in doggie jail this time).