PDA

View Full Version : Replace Power Converter

John_Althouse
08-31-2015, 12:53 PM
HI All,

I have the flickering 12 volts lights which indicates the power converter needs to be replaced in my Keystone Cougar 326MKS 5th wheel. I am not sure where it it located. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

John

JRTJH
08-31-2015, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't "jump at replacement" until you've done the suggested troubleshooting. If you haven't yet "found" the converter, I wouldn't think any troubleshooting has yet occurred. Chances are, if you've got "flickering 12 volt lights" that you may only have a loose fuse holder or a loose wire in the 12 volt distribution. That could be a problem connection at the battery, the cutoff switch, the 12 volt breakers (30 amp autoreset) or any location along the wiring harness/12 volt distribution panel.

If you're unsure of what you're looking for, the converter is always connected to the 12 volt distribution panel. Follow the wires to the converter. Normally it's located adjacent to (or very near) the electrical distribution panel, often literally attached to the panel. At other times, it's somewhat separated, often in the "basement storage" area and located behind the panel that makes the rear wall of the basement storage.

Good luck finding your converter, then, go to the WFCO website: http://wfcoelectronics.com/product/wf-9855-55-amp/
and download the user manual. There is a step by step troubleshooting guide that should help you identify any problems with your converter.

At any rate, I wouldn't point fingers at the converter just yet. There's a load of other possibilities before shelling out $150 that you may not need to spend...

Good Luck