PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 371 w/Onan 5500 Generator fix

pmcmath
08-29-2015, 06:35 AM
Well we are temporarily living in our hauler while remodeling and yesterday came home to a 96 degree coach lol. Electricians had cut my power so after them getting back running I decided this morning to try to fix my generator. Went down to the auto parts store and purchased some carb cleaner because it would not start. Took the 2 bolts and the two nuts to release the carb and dumped all the fuel out of the bowl. Took off the fuel line and bent the plastic tube with the carb cleaner and sprayed it until the cleaner came out of the bowl tube. Put everything back together and fired it up. It took about three to four primes to get it going. Once it started running the light was flashing rapidly. I stopped it and got a code 14. Weird but I decided to turn everything off and retry again. Started from scratch and fired it off again and solid light, been running for an hour now and both A/C's cranking. Also I dumped some stabil into the tank this time. Finally I'm a happy camper again haha. Has anybody else had this happen? If so I hope this helps. Don't get frustrated when you first crank it after cleaning. It takes a couple of rounds to get it going.

beemerguy
08-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the head's up. Had a Raptor with carb. problem's, they replaced the carb. lucky it was under warranty, very expensive. I start my Gen. every month and fill with non-Ethanol gas, so far no problems.

ron

spicercars
08-30-2015, 04:18 AM
Had the same problem with my raptor and it was the fuel pump. Replaced it and it runs great.

beemerguy
02-06-2016, 11:21 AM
I have the Fuzion 371 use Etholel free gas, run every month for the last 10 months and it stopped ,Code 36. Onan Tech. says change fuel filter, so I did, not getting any gas from were it hooks to carb., hear pump running when priming. Not yet a year old. Can I take to any RV shop to replace the fuel pump or do I have to use an Onan Service Center?

chuckster57
02-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Any RV shop can do it. They may have to order the pump, Onan service center probably has the pump in stock. They aren't hard to change if you have any mechanical skills.

shmthaus
03-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Our Raptor 412 was just over a year old when the generator wouldn't start. When I tried priming at the gen versus inside, there was no sound. My research advised that you should hear the primer "thumping", but again there was no sound. Fortunately we have an extended warranty and the fuel pump was replaced.

I have Stabil in the tank but also use Sea Foam to keep the carb clean. I alternate using Sea Foam and Diesel Kleen in my F250. Does it really work, don't really know for sure, but I don't mind throwing a few bucks at it.

dcg9381
03-16-2016, 04:25 AM
FYI - the Onan pump is actually built (I believe by a company called AirTex). See if you can find the part number on the existing pump, it's usually E-something.

AirTex pumps are sold on Amazon, about 50% less than the Onan branded one.