PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Galley and Bathroom Faucets

Mike L123
08-17-2015, 04:09 PM
We finally simply couldn't stand the cheesy, ridiculously cheeeeeeeeeeeep faucets that came with our 318SAB. The plastic fixtures were cloudy, scaling and starting to corrode. The finish on them was basically finished. We decided on a Sears Best bathroom faucet and an American Standard unit for the Galley. Both of them are uni-valve and are priced in the upper middle end of the spectrum - more than we would normally pay. However, since we are enjoying our time "living The Dream" we decided to splurge a little bit.

I was astonished at the abysmal cheapness of the OEM fixtures, it's really hard to understand how we can pay close to $50,000.00 for an RV and have it come with faucets that couldn't have cost more than $20.00 a piece.

While I had the system basically down and off I also installed shut off valves on the supply lines for the faucets. I hate having to shut all the water down to make repairs or changes to the system. I plan on installing shut off valves on all of the major supply lines, toilet, outside "shower" etc.

Cheers All!

Mike and Carol

GaryWT
08-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Very nice but I guess it is no different then buying a new house and having $10 fixtures in the bathroom.

ColoradoSooner
08-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Looks great! We have a really nice faucet in our Passport kitchen. But the one in the bathroom is terrible. Too low and too close to the sink bowl so all you can really do is wash your fingertips. :banghead: So that is definitely on the list of mods-to-do!