PDA

View Full Version : Recall #15-225

mkrof72
08-15-2015, 10:04 PM
We currently own a 2015 412TS Raptor and received 1 recall notice on the rivets on the steps 2 months ago. Today I received Trailer Life magazine and noticed Keystone is doing a huge recall on the slide outs on the 2015 5th wheels. The reason is the slide outs are opening when traveling down the road.
I haven't received a notice from them but did read about it. If you own a 2015 5th wheel you may want to contact them. (866) 425-4369

SteveC7010
08-16-2015, 05:03 AM
We currently own a 2015 412TS Raptor and received 1 recall notice on the rivets on the steps 2 months ago. Today I received Trailer Life magazine and noticed Keystone is doing a huge recall on the slide outs on the 2015 5th wheels. The reason is the slide outs are opening when traveling down the road.
I haven't received a notice from them but did read about it. If you own a 2015 5th wheel you may want to contact them. (866) 425-4369
Someone else started another new thread about that exact same recall YESTERDAY. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23380&highlight=recall

That recall was previously posted here on July 20th. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23093

JRTJH
08-16-2015, 06:33 AM

Additionally, the recall is NOT (as you say), "a huge recall on the slideouts on the 2015 5th wheels."

The recall is only for a specific type of slide, affects only some brands of Keystone RV, and is not exclusive to fifth wheels. It affects travel trailers, toy haulers and fifth wheels, but not ALL 2015 models.

Go to this webpage for more information. The listing of affected brand/VIN is at the top of the recall notice. http://www.keystonerv.com/media/2226347/15-225_-norco_cable_bracket_-_web.pdf

roadglide
08-17-2015, 08:13 AM
I have appointment the 26 for the slide bracket just looking at the bracket holding the cables seems odd . The only way to make it better is to drill through the slide and have bolts or rib bits exposed on the front of the slides.

dcg9381
08-17-2015, 09:54 AM
If you're talking about the cable operated side, I agree, it looks a bit sketchy. It's held on by what appear to be self-tapping (wood?) screws and mine are in at not-very-straight angles. It's held up just fine so far...

DiverB
08-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the post and info. I'm not at home to receive any mail and or recall notices; however, I noticed the VIN # and my Carbon is part of the recall. I will see about getting mine in for service ASAP. I have 2400 miles on mine including boone docking along a mountain fire road and no issues YET.

Rhinoone82
08-23-2015, 05:04 PM
If you're talking about the cable operated side, I agree, it looks a bit sketchy. It's held on by what appear to be self-tapping (wood?) screws and mine are in at not-very-straight angles. It's held up just fine so far...

They are self tapping screws that go into the aluminum frame. About 1 1/2" to 2" long. I found that out when They were ripped out of the wall today while bringing the main slide in on my 2015 Impact 311. All good for about 8" and then pop, 4 of the 5 screws came completely out of the wall. The 5th one kind of bent, but was pulled almost out. Once i got the pressure of the cables that too fell out. There was no warning, did not seem to have any drag issue like something was hung up.

Oh and checking my vin I am not part of any recall

dcg9381
08-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Yea, the recall is for something different - there's a "pin" that connects the chain to the drive unit on the inside. That pin bends on the recalled units and can fail.

roadglide
08-24-2015, 11:36 AM
My 311 Impact Isn't int the recall . I just talked with the service manager about the recall I got no information about the recall. I think I will add a few carriage bolts through the slide trim to the bracket it looks secure.

dcg9381
08-24-2015, 11:47 AM
If you're interested, review the links. I believe they include the technical details.

roadglide
08-24-2015, 12:50 PM
I finished checking my slider brackets 3 of the brackets on the big slide where very loose with striped screws one bracket had 3 striped screws and the others where very loose the slide bracket was ready to fail. I'm going to replace the screws that where striped with the next size up from 1/8.

slow
08-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Suggestion, when retightening the slide bracket mount screws, be sure to position the bracket against the backside of the slide wall trim.

One of my brackets was mispositioned and had a gap with the slide trim. Within one season, the rubber pad that the mispositioned bracket contacted when the slide was retracted, was destroyed since it was more heavily loaded than the other three.

After correcting the position and readjusting the cables, the slide now seals to the wall properly and loads the cables evenly.