PDA

View Full Version : Water tank strap

Sarvi
08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm at work right now, but pulling out for a trip asap after work. I asked my daughter to fill water tank, and after she did, she sent me a picture. One of the water tank straps came loose and one side popped out. How are those attached? Are they screwed into something? Welded? How terrible would it be to drive the trailer the 30 or so miles I need to with one of the three straps not attached? The event I'm camping at is sponsored by the dealership that I bought my trailer at, so I can get it fixed onsite (2 hours of free repair work is included along with the camping).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qfZnE8sOY (daughter sent me a video)

jsmith948
08-13-2015, 02:28 PM
The straps are connected to the cross member with self tapping screws. The straps are screwed in before the tank is dropped in from the top. You still have two straps, but with the added load/stress, what if a second strap lets go?
Can you fill your tank when you arrive at your destination? If so, I would travel with the tank empty. If you try to put a screw in from the bottom, you might puncture the tank.

Sarvi
08-13-2015, 02:49 PM
I won't be able to get any water until Saturday, that's when the water truck will be around.