PDA

View Full Version : Searching for an Antenna Booster in a Fuzion 395 Toyhauler

kmc58
08-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Have been camping recently at Ga State Parks where cable is not available. According to the Keystone Fuzion Manual we should have a cable antenna booster switch near one of the 3 TVs to switch from cable to air. Any ideas where it might be located? We have searched everywhere. Thanks......

Blrmaker
08-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Ours is in the closet next to the bed in the bedroom. There is a 12v plug and a switch for the antenna.

Hope this helps. "bouncey:

Harleyhop
08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Ours is the cabinet above the tv in the bedroom.

steve eboe
08-12-2015, 02:38 PM
It's not really a "switch" but a teeny, tiny little button you push.
A little light should come on next to it when it's on.
It will be near the 12-volt receptacle.

steve eboe

SteveC7010
08-12-2015, 03:03 PM
And it will most likely look like this. The larger black dot is a push-on, push-off switch, and the much smaller one is an LED indicator. The upper half of the plate is a 12vdc cigar lighter style outlet, and just to the left of of the switch and LED is a standard F style coaxial TV connector.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_182019_0_8e85df3399cd64315bcbe0ce7dbedcc0.jpg

kmc58
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone. We must not have one because we have looked all over the camper in the areas mentioned with no luck. We are going over it again though and we just may be missing a "tiny" switch. We've been looking for something more like a light switch! Our closet in the bedroom is a slide so we really haven't looked in there for a switch.

TandE
08-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Ours on our trailer (not your type) is behind the living room tv on a wall plate like that but it's the one with two coax spots with a coax cable connecting the two.

Travis

Javi
08-12-2015, 04:51 PM
I've seen the booster in a variety of locations, my last trailer it was located behind the TV... on my current 4'er it is located in the bedroom ceiling next to the optional TV mounting location.

What the plat looks like is somewhat dependent on the brand. The last trailer it was as Steve posted.. the new one looks like this..

hankpage
08-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Here's a silly question ..... Do you have an antenna????? If it is a crank-up batwing it has an amplifier in it that must be powered by the "Booster" power supply. Some newer trailers are using a fixed height omni-directional antenna but they should still need the power to the amplifier. Sooooo , long story short, If there is an antenna, there is a booster somewhere. As mentioned it is usually near one of the tv locations near the coax female connector plate.
Before you go crazy searching for the booster ....... take a qick look on the roof for an antenna. :eek:

kmc58
08-13-2015, 02:17 AM
yes we do have an antenna but here again there is no crank inside the camper like with our previous campers

our tv remote will let us switch from cable to air but still we do not pick up any channels

TandE
08-13-2015, 03:12 AM
Have you searched for channels through the tv? You probably know this but you have to search for channels through the tv menu on the air setting to pick them up.

Travis

SteveC7010
08-13-2015, 04:50 AM
yes we do have an antenna but here again there is no crank inside the camper like with our previous campers

our tv remote will let us switch from cable to air but still we do not pick up any channels
If there is a satellite connection point in one of the the outside compartments the amp might be there. On my unit, that is in the same little area as the city water hookup, black flush connection, etc.

There may also a connection plate for an outdoor tv in one or more outside compartments, the amp might be there.

I would also suggest that it is time to contact the dealer and maybe even Keystone. If anyone answers, you might get an answer.

ncbound123
08-13-2015, 04:59 AM
We have a 14' 395 and the power switch for the antenna is located inside the cabinet above the headboard of the bed. (I know it's a strange place to find it.) Our issue is the most of the coax cable connections throughout our rig were not even finger tight and I have had to try and locate every point of connection to tighten the cable ends. Even with all that the signal from the antenna is not reliable and only seems to work the best on the TV in the living room. I hope this helps you out.

SteveC7010
08-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Have you searched for channels through the tv? You probably know this but you have to search for channels through the tv menu on the air setting to pick them up.

Travis
Can't do the TV channel search until the amp is on and proper signal is delivered to the TV. (Thought we chewed on that earlier in the thread.)

TandE
08-13-2015, 05:30 AM
Can't do the TV channel search until the amp is on and proper signal is delivered to the TV. (Thought we chewed on that earlier in the thread.)

I can do a TV channel search without the booster on but of course I get no channels that wasn't the point of my comment, the point was if he has no wind up antenna like he says he could have the omnidirectional antenna. Which some are powered at the head and don't have a booster and or amplifier elsewhere. Unless the power is not hooked up or keystone still put a booster on board it was a suggestion to cover the bases.

Travis

kmc58
08-13-2015, 06:37 AM
I have not had a chance to check some of these areas since I posted the question. I appreciate all the responses.

We have tried to channel search after using the remote to switch the TV from Cable to Air -- No luck there. The camper next to us was able to pick up air reception so we know some channels were available. My husband and I will look in the areas that have been mentioned and we also will start looking for a tiny button instead of something light switch size.

I called the dealer and was sent to a voice mail (twice) and still haven't received a response. This isn't a big surprise though -- Camping World -- but that's another story for another day! They were more than helpful when they were selling us this 5th wheel but haven't been much help since then....LOL!! I've gotten much better help and assistance from just reading this forum :)

Again, I appreciate the replies and will let you know if we locate the switch.

Blrmaker
08-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Found a picture to give you an approximate location of our booster. ;) It is on the back wall inside of the cabinet by our bed. See red circle:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_182100_0_5a1be2a6507f88318cafc4c057e2c872.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/blrmaker/media/Antenna%20booster%20Location.jpg.html)

kmc58
08-13-2015, 12:27 PM
We found it! It is in the cabinet over our bed! Thanks so much. Good to know where it is.

MBD
08-13-2015, 02:57 PM
if the "new found" switch doesn't solve your problem you may try getting your TV to "learn" new channels (selected from the menu) as opposed to searching for channels

ncbound123
08-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Glad I could help.... I hope that all your connections are tight and the signal travels to all the TVs in the coach.

HDCVO
08-14-2015, 04:27 AM
On my 2014 Fuzion 395 the booster switch is in the overhead cabinets above the bed on drivers side.

Ken

HDCVO
08-14-2015, 04:31 AM
My bad! Did not see on page 2, you had found it.
Ken

kmc58
08-15-2015, 02:20 AM
Yes we did find the switch and I appreciate all replies. Everyone on this forum is so helpful.

Mhunter865
04-03-2017, 08:12 AM
I know this is an old thread but our Fuzion has a single little button and the fixed place antenna. The button is in the cabinet over the bed on the left. But the antenna sucks, can it be replaced?

BuxCamper
04-03-2017, 08:32 AM
Yes it can be replaced. You may have to install it in a different location. In that case I'd just leave the old one where it is. My old camper had the rotating batwing antenna. Even it left something to be desired.

-- Mark

ktderobich
04-20-2017, 07:40 PM
We have a 2015 Fuzion 345 with a fixed antenna and the switch is located in the second from left overhead cabinet above the bed. It is a wall plate with a cable connection (not sure why it's there) and the small button is next to the connection. It will be red when "on" and has to be turned off when trying to use cable or it will interfere with searching and locking onto the cable channels.

JenniferNJohnny
04-23-2017, 04:51 AM
Didn't know this existed but found ours and we went from 0 to 13 channels now! Thank you for posting this question and al the answers! [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctbruce
04-23-2017, 04:59 AM
This is posted somewhere else, but won't hurt for any newbies searching for this information. Booster on for antenna, Booster off for cable hook up. This info saves a world of frustration. :hpyclp:

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 06:45 AM
Didn't know this existed but found ours and we went from 0 to 13 channels now! Thank you for posting this question and al the answers! [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Keystone has chosen to identify with labels only things that are not obvious such as the EXIT sign above the single door :banghead:

Conny
12-16-2023, 10:34 AM
Cant find anyway to raise the antenna. did find the booster in the cubby hole above the bed. Have 3 tv's, they work but no signal.

chuckster57
12-16-2023, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

What year is your unit? It may have an omnidirectional antenna. Are you setting the tv to OTA before scanning for channels?

Conny
12-16-2023, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

What year is your unit? It may have an omnidirectional antenna. Are you setting the tv to OTA before scanning for channels?

2015 year, yes to OTA. Is there a button, switch or something else?

chuckster57
12-16-2023, 12:30 PM
Have you looked at the roof to see what antenna you have on the roof?

If you have more than one connection on the booster plate make sure the coax is connected to the center outlet.