PDA

View Full Version : furnace ducting

poopy
08-08-2015, 07:42 AM
I have a cougar 277rlswe. I was putting stuff in the under carriage, and put a small hole in the furnace ducting. Do I need the aluminum duct tape?, or can I use gorilla glue? Thanks.

therink
08-08-2015, 08:05 AM
If you are referring to the foil type flexible duct in the basement, I would repair it using foil tape.

SteveC7010
08-08-2015, 08:07 AM
I have a cougar 277rlswe. I was putting stuff in the under carriage, and put a small hole in the furnace ducting. Do I need the aluminum duct tape?, or can I use gorilla glue? Thanks.
Gorilla glue or tape is probably not the best. The glue is designed to bond two surfaces together and not for filling holes. Gorilla tape is probably not your best choice because the adhesive will soften when heated.

If you can, get the HVAC tape. It's designed to withstand the heat generated in heating ducts. You can also use it elsewhere in your trailer to fix leaks in the ducting from sloppy workmanship or loose connections. Once you have it, you will find good uses for it.

FWIW, I keep first aid tape, masking tape, vinyl electrical tape, duct tape, HVAC tape, and gorilla tape on hand when we go out with the trailer. I've learned (the hard way sometimes) that having all of them available is a very good thing.

eds451
08-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Ditto to what Steve said. Use HVAC tape from a big box store. I found 6 ft of coiled furnace tubing under the step to the bedroom. Removed and attached with zip ties and tape. Also used the tape to cover holes in the ac ducts overhead. Great stuff to have.

JimQ
08-08-2015, 07:22 PM
When I needed to repair one of my flexible heating ducts, I picked up some 3M Scotch brand high temperature duct tape at the local hardware store. Good to 200 degrees. Worked great! Good Luck!