PDA

View Full Version : Black water flush

Jasonhughes04
08-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Just bought a new 2015 Laredo LHT 28BH. Tried the black water flush and got no water through the system. It was as if the water was not getting past the hose connection.

Any thoughts or does anyone know the plumbing diagram? Ive heard about the anti siphon valve being backwards but not sure where to look for it?

JRTJH
08-08-2015, 07:58 AM
The anti-siphon valve is probably located beside the faucet connections under your bathroom sink. Open the vanity and you should find 4 PEX lines. One is hot water and one is cold water. They go to the faucet. The other two go "up behind the sink" and are connected to the anti-siphon valve. You "should be able" to push the PEX lines down into the basement to access the valve. Some owners have reported it installed backwards. Try that, if it doesn't work, then look for "kinks" in the line, either between the outside connection and the valve or between the valve and the black tank. .

NOTE: If you have a "outdoor water supply cabinet", you may have a valve to switch between city water/fresh tank fill/ black tank flush. You may have the valve in the wrong position to flush. just a thought since I'm not familiar with how your trailer is "optioned out".....

Good Luck

Jasonhughes04
08-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Will check those out. I do have the "switch" valve for city and tank fill but dont recall a position for flush. Maybe i should try and just move it in another direction. When you say basement, are you referring to the cabinet or under the camper belly?

JRTJH
08-08-2015, 02:37 PM
By basement, I mean the area "under the vanity". On fifth wheels, it's usually the rear (paneled in) area of the storage compartment. In travel trailers, it's the area "under the floor of the trailer that's usually covered by coroplast on the bottom. In either situation, it's the area "under the vanity floor" where the PEX tubing comes up, into the vanity.....

Jasonhughes04
09-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Well i decided to take it in since i dont have any PEX tools to fool with. Glad i did. They found the valve was backwards and also found particulate in the water lines to the sprayers ( foam bits ). Anyhow, alls well now and it sounds like its working well when connected. Thanks for the insight.

golfpro
11-30-2015, 05:21 PM
mine didn't work either and I took mine out and put an inline one at the end of the water hose.