PDA

View Full Version : galley water

bob48
08-07-2015, 12:34 PM
i have a 2005 montana 3650rk. recently i found a t handle simiamilar to the waste water handles toward the rear of my camper(unlabeled). could this be for the galley water?if so how much galley water should it hold, and does it drain like the other waste water valves? and i am assuming u might drain it last? any help is appreciated.
Bob

jsmith948
08-07-2015, 01:43 PM
When we dump, we drain the black tank first, then the galley, then the gray.
We use mesh screens to keep food particles out of the tank, but some food and grease somehow gets in the tank. Draining the gray water last washes any 'chunkies' out of the hose.

Pull Toy
08-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi Bob48,

My 3535RE Alpine had an "undocumented" tank for the galley too. Mine wasn't even showing on to the main gate valve, but who knows what's above the plastic belly. I had an extra T handle installed. Now "GRAY 2" reads on the monitor. (I think they originally Siamese'ed the two grey tanks). I'm guessing that, based on usage, it's probably 30 +/- gallons + the tank you already know about.... Good to think about when hauling, or scaling.

SteveC7010
08-07-2015, 03:22 PM
i have a 2005 montana 3650rk. recently i found a t handle simiamilar to the waste water handles toward the rear of my camper(unlabeled). could this be for the galley water?if so how much galley water should it hold, and does it drain like the other waste water valves? and i am assuming u might drain it last? any help is appreciated.
Bob
Specs are online at Keystone's website going back to 2001. http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-years?brand=Montana&year=2005

They spec your rig at 62 gal. of fresh, 38 gal. of black, and 76 of gray. Typically in many, many of the Keystones across all product lines, they use the same 38 gallon tank in 3 three places; black and gray. So 76 gallons of gray water capacity translates into 2 tanks of 38 gallons each; one for the shower/bathroom sink and the other for the galley/kitchen.

Your tank monitor should have buttons for all three tanks.

If you bought the trailer from a dealer, I am very surprised that they did not show you the separate drain valve during the PDI.

If you only have one sewer connection, as others have suggested, drain black then galley, then shower. You are using progressively cleaner (relatively) water to flush the waste drain lines. Frankly, there are already dozens of threads here about the subject and the process. I would encourage you to read some of them to fill in your knowledge on the subject.

If your galley has a separate sewer connection, you can not use it to help clean out the black drain lines. Dump it in whatever sequence you please.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181434_0_7cd553847f57aaa11838ff5c61dbaa1c.gif

cardinal96ss
08-08-2015, 05:12 AM
Our 2006 3600RK has the same setup and I would agree with the previous posts. That tank shows up on the monitor as "galley".

Newman252
10-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Those of you with the extra galley tank, how are you hooking up to a sewer connection? Are you connecting just the bathroom gray tank and the black tank and leaving the galley tank unconnected until a dump is needed or are you using 3 seperate hoses with two running to a "Y" then to the sewer hookup? I'm just trying to decide if I should actually buy 3 sections of hose and at what lengths. I just brought home my Cougar 28RBS that has the two drain valves. Front one is a galley tank and then a gray and black to the rear. Thoughts?

chuckster57
10-07-2015, 03:23 AM
Back when I had my Jayco, it had two separate outlets. I used one hose and just moved it when I needed to dump the galley. But then I was a cheap skate too.

Pmedic4
10-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Posted about this before, but still is my 'DUH' moment.

We have been out several times with our 5ver, and never really had a problem using it, but about the third trip, my wife said the kitchen sink wasn't draining. I crawl

all around under the RV to look for another handle, and can't find anything other than the 2 very obvious ones, one black tank and one gray tank, so assume they've used a single valve for the two tanks. To make it more confusing, my wife even said when I drained water in the shower, more water backed up in the sink, so obviously their connected, right?! Go to dump, and the Gallery gray tank shows it still full. Finally find the other handle, which is right on the black frame member, and it's the same small black handle and blends in with the frame. After this epic search, right there on side of the RV, is a small label - 'Gray Water drain', matching the other for the visible black and gray valves.

Movie time - 'RV' with Robin Williams is rerun.

Larry1013
10-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Bob

My 2005 Sydney has a separate galley gray tank with a handle to control the valve by the tires. I use it just like the shower gray water to help flush the drain line after I have drained and rinsed the blank water tank. Keystone plumbed it into the the same 3" drain for the front two tanks (shower gray and black tanks).