PDA

View Full Version : Need to Understand Manual Operation of Slides&Landing Jacks

Pauli
08-03-2015, 06:42 AM
New to RV camping and before we can enjoy camping..and to ensure this is for me I need to understand how everything works.
I have a new 5th wheel 2012 keystone alpine 3555RL and want to be able to operate the slides and leg/stands manually, just in case there is a need. The hand crank provided doesn't seem to fit anything. The manual is of no use...
any info would be of assistance...

BOWWOW
08-03-2015, 06:50 AM
On my 2010 Keystone 5ver there is a place to manually raise the front landing gear on the street side a small hole to insert the crank handle just above the leg.
For the slides there is a cap to remove in the storage compartment to access the back of the hydraulic pump and insert the crank handle there.

I have used it once due to a dead battery.

shov
08-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Are your slides/jacks of the hydraulic variety?

If so I just had to use this process out of necessity...

Locate your hydraulic pump, on the motor side the will be a spot to insert 1/4 hex bit (may need an extension as well) on the end of a cordless drill. There may or may not be plastic pop outs through the bulkhead depending on location.
You will need to locate the by-pass valve for each jack/slide location. An Allen wrench (I forgot the size 5/32's maybe) will need to be opened to operate in the manual mode.

Its not difficult if your prepared. I posted my troubles earlier and urged everyone to get acquainted with the manual operation in the comforts of their home before they ever "HAD" to use it. The handle you refer to is more than likely to lower your spare tire. Check and make sure...

Good luck

ChuckS
08-11-2015, 06:31 AM
These links may be of interest to you
http://lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/om-hydraulic-slide-out-web.pdf

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/Exterior/Stabs_n_Leveling/Lippert/Lippert%20Electronic%20Hydraulic%20Leveling%20and% 20Slideout-Web.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Toy
08-11-2015, 01:34 PM
If the handle that you refer to, is what I think it is, it lowers your spare tire from the travel position.