PDA

View Full Version : Lake Jordan NC

T3/T4 Hybrid
07-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Heading out tomorrow for a weekend RV stay at Lake Jordan which is just outside of Raleigh NC. It's a state park so hopefully it will go okay. Has anyone stayed at this park? It will be the first trip with the new tow vehicle. :cool:

Face Down
07-30-2015, 12:09 PM
It has been a few years since I have been but there are some really nice spots there. If you like to drink, keep any alcohol out of site; if you are caught the park rangers will make you dump out any wine, beer or liquor on the ground in their presence...not just what you have in your hand, but everything you have open or not. We kept our cooler inside the camper and Solo Cups are highly recommended.

Luckybuck55
07-30-2015, 12:46 PM
If that is the case who wants to stay there! Are all state parks that way? There is nothing wrong with a mix drink or glass of wine, I guess I won't be going to state park.

T3/T4 Hybrid
07-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks Face, I'll keep things in an out of site out of mind way. ;)

Hopefully I can post up some good picts later.

Face Down
07-30-2015, 06:04 PM
If that is the case who wants to stay there! Are all state parks that way? There is nothing wrong with a mix drink or glass of wine, I guess I won't be going to state park.

Every State park I have been to in NC have pretty strict alcohol rules...not all the places enforce them unless you are obviously partying hard.

Jordan is a nice lake with nice campgrounds...if you get a chance try Kerr Lake up 85 at the NC/VA border. Best campsites I have ever stayed at on a State Park level and the Rangers there don't seem to have a power trip when it comes to enjoying a cold one. At least half of the spots there are right on the water. Here is a pic of my favorite spot at that lake...damn, that was two campers ago since I have been there!

https://db.tt/miMgyT8r