PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to cry a little over missed camping trips?

vampress_me
07-25-2015, 06:56 PM
We have to head out to MT for a kiddo dr appt in August and we were going to turn it into a couple weeks of visiting friends, seeing a couple of national parks, etc, with hubby flying in from work when he could. Just found out yesterday our new truck won't be here in time for the trip and we can't take the current one since it's the trade-in and needs to stay under 100,000 miles. Wah!

The irony is that before we got the camper last spring, camping was a fun occasional thing to do, but not something I would have ever considered really, really liking to do. But after our last camping trip in June to NY state (which was great), we were really impatient to head out to MT and have some fun. The kids are just as bummed as us parents are. And I think I'm spoiled by campground costs/ camper comforts, because I cringe at what hotel costs are going to be (and having to packing suitcases)!

Oh, but the planning for next summer's doctor appt trip has already started! I wonder if we could do 3 weeks....

gearhead
07-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah, here too. We have reservations and were planning to go to new England for a 3 week trip. Our son announces he and his girlfriend will be getting married at the same time.
That's a good thing though.

bsmith0404
07-26-2015, 05:44 AM
It is a depressing moment. We once had a nice trip planned for when I returned from Afghanistan. After a year over there I was really looking forward to the trip, reservations made, new Duramax in the driveway....A week before I returned the 5er was destroyed in a hail storm.

vampress_me
07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
It is a depressing moment. We once had a nice trip planned for when I returned from Afghanistan. After a year over there I was really looking forward to the trip, reservations made, new Duramax in the driveway....A week before I returned the 5er was destroyed in a hail storm.

And this puts everything in perspective. We miss out on a trip, you were away from your family for more than a year. Thank you for everything you have done/ had to give up for all of our freedom in this country. It is greatly appreciated by our family. And I hope that even if a hailstorm had to ruin the original plans, you got to still go on an enjoyable trip with your family, even if it was delayed a little while.

koko
07-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Since last fall we have been planning a major trip in October. Yesterday received a Jury Summons that begins on October 1st.

bsmith0404
07-26-2015, 10:00 AM
And this puts everything in perspective. We miss out on a trip, you were away from your family for more than a year. Thank you for everything you have done/ had to give up for all of our freedom in this country. It is greatly appreciated by our family. And I hope that even if a hailstorm had to ruin the original plans, you got to still go on an enjoyable trip with your family, even if it was delayed a little while.

Thank you. We did take a hotel vacation, not the one we had planned, but it was good. After dealing with the insurance and shopping for a new camper, Wyoming winter was upon us so we didn't get to take our camping trip until the next spring.

sourdough
07-26-2015, 04:31 PM
koko

If you have major trip planned just call the judge's office and tell then you can't do the jury duty because you are committed and will be gone. When something like that has happened to us over the years the judge has always just let the summons go.....of course she is good friends with my wife...:) I do think they would be understanding.

Murphsmom
07-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Since last fall we have been planning a major trip in October. Yesterday received a Jury Summons that begins on October 1st.

Before retirement, my husband was a high school principal. When he got a jury summons for duty during the school year, he called the clerk of the court and got his duty deferred until school was out. They are usually happy to work with you if you let them know ahead of time.

jsmith948
07-27-2015, 06:16 AM
Before retirement, my husband was a high school principal. When he got a jury summons for duty during the school year, he called the clerk of the court and got his duty deferred until school was out. They are usually happy to work with you if you let them know ahead of time.

X2. The clerk of the court has always been willing to work with me. Before retirement, I spent 1 week of every month out of town. The clerk was always willing to reschedule the summons. She told me she was happy that I called to reschedule rather than just not show up:)

goldtr8
07-27-2015, 03:44 PM
we can't take the current one since it's the trade-in and needs to stay under 100,000 miles.

Tell the dealer that it will have over 100k miles due to the delay of the new truck. See what they say and push them on it I dont believe that it will make that big a difference.