PDA

View Full Version : SeaCliff State Beach

hoffbrew
07-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Just returned 2 weeks ago from a 8 day stay. This place is one of my favorites. No electronics and kids play and play. There was a group of 4 with us, very hard to get reservations here, Zach Brown inspired week!!!
Also the S.S. Palo Alto cement ship in background, great history on this ship.

JimDogs
07-24-2015, 09:45 AM
So is Seacliff considered a dry camping spot? I've stayed at New Brighton, but I haven't even gone down to look at Seacliff. Kinda stupid as I live just he other side of the hill in Santa Clara...

Also, how did you score a spot? I know that those beach campgrounds are a true luck of the draw in getting reservations! Beautiful pictures!

hoffbrew
07-24-2015, 09:56 AM
There are both, full hook up and dry, we always go for full. Very hard to get in, 7 months out and are avail at 8:00am and sold out by 8:01!!! Have to make resis through Reserve America. Out of our group of 7 trailers, 3 of us got it. Then you wait for cancellations about the week before. That is how our 4th trailer got in. We have all had the luck camping together a few times which is really nice. Last year was my only time I didnt get in.
Smithwoods is another place I like over there, in Felton. Your my old neighbor!! I use to live in Sunnyvale many moons ago.

Murphsmom
07-24-2015, 07:32 PM
We used to go there when we lived in San Jose. I'm so old that I can remember when you used to be able to walk all the way out to the end of the cement boat.