PDA

View Full Version : 201 Cougar Warrenty

bowersjack
07-21-2015, 04:28 PM
our new Cougar went into Camping World 7/11 for a safety recall and a few minor warranty issues. They are telling us they are waiting for Keystones approval befor they make the repairs!
Is this normal?

Festus2
07-21-2015, 05:47 PM
our new Cougar went into Camping World 7/11 for a safety recall and a few minor warranty issues. They are telling us they are waiting for Keystones approval befor they make the repairs!
Is this normal?

The 1 year warranty that you have with your Cougar is a warranty with Keystone - not the dealership. When a person brings his unit into the dealership for warranty repairs, the dealership assesses the problem, takes photos, writes up a report, etc., and sends all of this information to Keystone. Once received, Keystone will go over all of this information and make a decision about the repairs and/or replacements and advise the dealership.

So yes, the dealer has to await approval for repairs before proceeding. If they went ahead and did the repairs without approval, then they could "get stuck" with the costs should Keystone refuse to approve some or all of the repairs.

The bottom line is that the dealership is not about to go ahead with any repairs or replacements - recalls or otherwise - until they get the go ahead from Keystone and know that they will be reimbursed for making those repairs.

Yes, this is normal.

flint1962
07-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Yes and once the approval is done then they will order parts. In my case in Canada it takes 3 weeks to get parts, yes you read that right 3 weeks.

GaryWT
07-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately yes. Depending on the issue, my dealer will have me send in the pictures and they will get everything approve and get the part before I bring in the trailer. I know this only works if we know what the issue is, if the dealer has to look for the problem then it can take awhile.

gearhead
07-23-2015, 01:28 PM
But wait...there's more...
If the defect is on a vendor supplied part, like the refrigerator, A/C, unit, etc., you can find a dealer or repair shop that is an authorized warranty repair center for that piece of equipment.
My infamous dealer gave 3 half hearted attempts to repair my Dometic refrigerator and failed. A small Mom & Pop shop, that was authorized, repaired it under warranty in 1 trip. They still had to get authorization from Dometic.
The only thing the Mom & Pop shop can't repair under warranty is structural issues.
http://www.channelviewsupply.com/