PDA

View Full Version : Couch in a 2014 Bullet

CdnFarmers
07-18-2015, 08:13 AM
The couch in our Bullet when pulled out to a bed is awful there is a big gap in the middle which makes it not very useful as a bed. Other than stuffing something in the middle like a long piece of foam to make it comfortable - does anyone have the same problem ? any suggestions for a solution ?

Jsdigger
07-18-2015, 08:53 PM
We took the sofa/hide a bed out and put in recliners from laz-boy,with the slide all the way out the foot rests will come all the way out,the seat backs do not lay all the way down but they do go far enough to be really comfy,fit without any mods to the dinette,huge upgrade from the old couch.9093

mazboy123
07-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Warranty issue

Jsdigger
07-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Guess I read too fast,didn't see the "when pulled out"part,our couch was the same way when pulled out and it's just a cheap couch that wasn't comfy in either position,so that's why we just replaced them with recliners. Not sure there is a easy fix other than what you already have done or replacing it. I put the old couch in my workshop.

therink
07-19-2015, 07:55 AM
We took the sofa/hide a bed out and put in recliners from laz-boy,with the slide all the way out the foot rests will come all the way out,the seat backs do not lay all the way down but they do go far enough to be really comfy,fit without any mods to the dinette,huge upgrade from the old couch.9093

We did the exact same thing. I found the factory sofa with air bed to be pretty much useless for sleeping and not comfortable for sitting. I sold the sofa on Craigslist for $200 and bought a new love seat dual recliner for $500. The best $300 mod I have done so far. The recliner works well for sleeping when we have extra guests. Awesome for TV watching too.

I have found that with exception to high end rvs most rv furniture is junk.