PDA

View Full Version : Last of the mods

talk2cpu
07-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Along side of beds on wardrobe wall. Installed narrow shelf to accommodate glasses, book and small LED battery light for reading. Also shows quilt and pillow shams my DW made just for the camper.

Kitchen, added two full depth drawers in nearly useless open space above water heater.

Installed new tv and blueray player along with third set of speakers. Bluray is velcro'd to the counter top so don't have to store it when traveling.

Well, that's it for now. Oh yeah, all lights have been changed to LED.
Happy travels to all.
Tom, Millie, Elska, Pancho and Lefty.

sjturbo
10-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Nice mods! I like the small shelf for glasses ect. Unfortunately they stuck a window where mine could go. I also added an additional drawer where a blank panel was. I'm sure yours are much better built than the manufacture's.

GaryWT
10-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Very nice again, all good things. Enjoy.

Brantlaker
10-11-2015, 04:29 AM
You forgot one of the mods. Your DW's Quilt and matching Pillows. She put a lot of time and effort to make them not to mention the cost in fabric,batting and quilting. I know because my DW is a Quilter and I got a lot of replies when I posted her bed quilt. Please take a pic so that we can see the whole thing.

Gary:)

koko
10-11-2015, 11:18 AM
You may think this is the "last of the Mods". We've had ours for two years now, and it's amazing how our brains are constantly working on how to improve what we have.

SkiSmuggs
10-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks for some great ideas. I will now get my BluRay player out of the drawer and velcro to the mantle under my TV while my DW is not around. It has been my experience that it is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. All mods have been done that way and I've found she never likes the idea until she can see it in action.

bsmith0404
10-12-2015, 05:23 AM
Thanks for some great ideas. I will now get my BluRay player out of the drawer and velcro to the mantle under my TV while my DW is not around. It has been my experience that it is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. All mods have been done that way and I've found she never likes the idea until she can see it in action.

I know that story, try doing a major home remodel with someone who "can't picture" how something will look, but has her own ideas of what she wants with no concept of space/measurements.

JRTJH
10-12-2015, 06:58 AM
I know that story, try doing a major home remodel with someone who "can't picture" how something will look, but has her own ideas of what she wants with no concept of space/measurements.

It's been said that building a house is as close as most married couples will ever come to divorce. Been there, done that several times and it doesn't get any easier.

ADDED: We are on the same "first marriage", we've built several houses and survived the divorce... On re-reading, it seemed like my post could have been interpreted as "wives are expendible"... That's not what I intended.....

Some people have difficulty imagining what a faucet will look like on a specific sink. That "handicap" makes envisioning many modifications impossible. I also have found it's simpler and less stressful to "just get 'er done" rather than try to discuss "future plans" LOL

Brantlaker
10-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Just when I thought I was done we went and bought a new bigger one to modifi. 10 days ago we picked up our new Lifestyle Alfa Gold 3905SH Storage Room. That room will be made into a Quilt Studio for the DW.

sourdough
10-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Reading about the blu rays being attached with velcro; we just use the non slip drawer liner stuff and put under ours. We've been across the country twice including some rough interstate around Shreveport and Jackson, MS and on some pretty rough mountain roads with many cattle guards and it has never moved. Might be an option vs putting the velcro strips on the counter top.

SkiSmuggs
10-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Reading about the blu rays being attached with velcro; we just use the non slip drawer liner stuff and put under ours. We've been across the country twice including some rough interstate around Shreveport and Jackson, MS and on some pretty rough mountain roads with many cattle guards and it has never moved. Might be an option vs putting the velcro strips on the counter top.
I like it! Thanks!