PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Metal Valve Stems on Aluminum TT Wheels Please

slow
07-15-2015, 03:13 AM
I would appreciate members posting pictures of the metal stems they have had installed on their aluminum TT wheels.

All the local shops I have visited, have outside nut valve stems that do not fit my wheel's counterbore for the valve. So I am probably going to have to order internal nut valve stems online and I am not sure which to order. Straight or 45 degree angle?

Alternatively, I could go with external nut that has an extended nut length, but those seem to hard to come by.

BTW: My aluminum TT wheels are Sendel 703BMs.

Ken / Claudia
07-15-2015, 05:13 AM
Sorry, no photo's. I really did go to the tire shop the week of my purchase in 2013 and pulled in and asked for them to be put on all wheels, they had them. Unknown who makes them. My truck has the stems with the nut outside the wheel. The trailer wheels inside. Maybe a web search will find them. I will be salmon fishing for several days, if you cannot locate any by then, I can go and find out at the shop. It is a Les Schweb tire dealer.

CWtheMan
07-15-2015, 09:08 AM
I get mine at a local NAPA parts store. (.625").

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=16759

rbev2308
07-15-2015, 09:41 AM
I have Sendel T09BM. I made the dealer install Goodyear G614 g series tires as part of my package as the camper was 18 months on their lot new..Just a bad location trying to sell Fifth wheels. I did not trust 27 month old Chinese tires. When I picked up, I balked at no metal valve stems. They said the rubber were high pressure and they had sub-contracted the work in town. I took possession and then thought and did research and the valve stems were not rated at 110 psi as to the max of the tire. I contacted Goodyear who intervened and made the selling tire shop pay since I purchased out of site. I can tell you how I had success. Goodyear wanted me to take to a Ford dealership. I could not get the rig in there. I went back to Goodyear and they had a commercial truck dealership that handled tire issues for various large stuff like Dump trucks, fire trucks, etc...Made an appt took it there. They had 4 guys jack up the axles, remove the tires, change out the valve stems, balance and re-install in less than an hour. They did have some unique tools which allowed this to go between the tire and inside of the rim and tighten via the outside to make the connection...One week later and all is well. If I were you, contact some commercial places and you may have luck. I don't trust rv places handling this type of stuff since I heard of a guy getting G series tires put on a rim that could not handle...Good Luck.

slow
07-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

I will need to keep checking with other local tire shops that deal with larger vehicles. I visited 3 that focus on commercial vehicles yesterday without any luck. All had external nuts and washers that are too large to fit my wheel's 0.625 diameter counter bore.

rbev2308
07-15-2015, 12:15 PM
You could always call Sendel and ask them exact specs and see what they recommend and then simply call the shops are order exactly what you need then take in. Sendel has pretty good customer service!!!

slow
07-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I had asked via email. But I will call and may get an answer that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slow
07-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Phoned Tireco (Sendel) today and had a chat with a pleasant fellow who committed to forwarding my request to those that would have the answer to which metal valve stems would work with the T03s. I hope whoever get the request is as helpful as the fellow I spoke with.

Larry1013
07-17-2015, 02:13 AM
Not sure this will help any, but here is a link to the valve stems Ford uses. The stems appear to be made by Haltec.

http://haltec.com/webdev/2004Catalog/31.pdf

slow
07-17-2015, 02:47 AM
Not sure this will help any, but here is a link to the valve stems Ford uses. The stems appear to be made by Haltec.

http://haltec.com/webdev/2004Catalog/31.pdf

Thanks Larry. A few of those look promising.

slow
04-02-2016, 07:57 PM
An update (a year later):

I ended up going with the N-1600 Ford F Series Truck Valve.