PDA

View Full Version : Interest Holding Tank Issue

SkiSmuggs
07-14-2015, 06:37 AM
After dumping the tanks on my High Country 299RKS, I turned off the water at the pedestal, opened the built-in sprayer valves to relieve pressure before disconnecting the hose. Down the road, DW asked me to pull over so she could use the facilities. She came out a while later asking what was going on as the pump ran continously but no water. I check the fresh water indicator that had registered 1/3 full earlier and it showed empty. Then I found that I had left the black tank sprayer valve open! I check the black tank indicator and it showed 2/3 full. It seemed like it emptied a lot of water in a short period so I wonder if there could have been gravity flow as well while driving down the highway.
Any experience or thoughts with this?

Javi
07-14-2015, 08:57 AM
The water pump in my Cougar is about 4 gallons a minute.. :D

SkiSmuggs
07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
The water pump in my Cougar is about 4 gallons a minute.. :D
That would do it! I have the Shurflo Revolution and that is 3 GPM.

hankaye
07-14-2015, 01:42 PM
SkiSmuggs, Howdy;

After dumping the tanks on my High Country 299RKS, I turned off the water at the pedestal, opened the built-in sprayer valves to relieve pressure before disconnecting the hose. Down the road, DW asked me to pull over so she could use the facilities. She came out a while later asking what was going on as the pump ran continously but no water. I check the fresh water indicator that had registered 1/3 full earlier and it showed empty. Then I found that I had left the black tank sprayer valve open! I check the black tank indicator and it showed 2/3 full. It seemed like it emptied a lot of water in a short period so I wonder if there could have been gravity flow as well while driving down the highway.
Any experience or thoughts with this?

Are you saying that your fresh water system is tied into the Black tank flush plumbing??? That doesn't sound very healthy to me ... Just asking' ...

hankaye

SkiSmuggs
07-16-2015, 07:41 AM
As long as it only pumps one way, I'm good with it. "bouncey: