PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Ultra Lite Sway issues

JoMich
07-14-2015, 05:32 AM
Took our new Bullet 30' with one slide out camping for the first time and had issues with side-to-side swaying. Tried blocks under the stabilizers and it did not improve. Has anyone found a fix for this?

GaryWT
07-14-2015, 10:17 AM
No sway on the road, just shaking at the campsite? This is normal and they have about a dozen different things you can do to help from chaulking to extra jacks etc. Look on line at trailer stablizers.

theeyres
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM
GaryWT is right. Almost all trailers will sway and move around if only the four stabilizers are used. The lighter the trailer the more prone it is to this. Many of us, myself included, just get used to it, much like boaters get used to their boat moving when they walk around. But if you don't like it, there are many versions of stabilizers that can be installed. Just do a search on this forum or the internet. Many seem to like JT Stabilizers--but I don't use them, so can't vouch for any specific brand.

wesaysoracing
07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
I have a set of waynes stabilizers and they still work great

B-O-B'03
07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
I added steadyfast stabilizers to my bullet, they made an amazing difference in the amount of movement.

www.steadyfast.com/ (http://www.steadyfast.com/)

-Brian

audio1der
07-15-2015, 09:44 PM
I use a racheting cargo strap around each wheel/chock set to keep those chocks TIGHT against the wheels.
I made my own Steadyfast-style stabilizers for under $100. I still plan to use jacks under the frame between the wheels or just ahead of the front wheels to reduce up and down movement. Every mod helps.

Shadowcats
07-20-2015, 05:24 AM
We have a little movement with our big 310BHS, but not so much as to be bothersome. I always make sure the levelers are snug and the chocks tight. Like has already been said, I guess some of us just get use to a little movement. I have thought about adding another set of jacks, but that is on the back burner.