PDA

View Full Version : Generalrv

beemerguy
07-13-2015, 07:43 AM
We bought a new RV from GENERALRV in Orange Park, Fl. in March. I took it back in June to have some work done. Not knowing that there policy is, "they will cover adjustments from the manufacturer for the FIRST 90 DAYS from the date of purchase. Also troubleshooting is not covered by the manufacturer", they charge $150 an hour. GENERALRV has other dealers in several states, so if you buy from them be sure and check there MANUFACTURES WARRANTY COVERAGE NOTIFICATION, it will help you in case you are in need of warranty work.

ron

Tbristol
07-14-2015, 04:11 AM
I have dealt with their Birch run Michigan store, on a couple of occasions. I am not happy at all with their practices or policies.

dcg9381
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Wow.. interesting policy on a new purchase. The worst policy I've heard of is a $100 diagnostic fee "per issue" not applied to the fix - which clearly adds up if you've got a few things that need work.

I wonder what labor reimbursement rates are (from the manufacturer) when doing "warranty" work? I wonder if that's part of the issue.

Tbristol
07-14-2015, 02:10 PM
They are crooks..

notanlines
07-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Did any of y'all go on line to look/read any of their reviews? I realize that most people only review an establishment when dissatisfied, but this company is way, way down the list. You probably don't need me to tell you this, but when you're spending thousands and thousands of hard-earned dollars, let your fingers do the walking. Also remember, that is what BBB is for.

{tpc}
07-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Sometimes the bigger places can afford to give the best prices. That said, I've not had too much trouble with the mt. clemens location. I felt they did a decent job from the purchase perspective and I've never brought it back for any warranty stuff so I can't comment on that. I did have them readjust the hitch, for a cost, which I was unhappy about how that went.

They sent me an online survey thing and I complained about it via that. They then did what "I" wanted them to do in the first place and didn't charge me to rectify the situation.

Not a glowing review, but not a total admonishment either.