PDA

View Full Version : 12v outlet

bill-e
07-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Hi Folks. Awaiting pickup of my 26RBI and I was wondering if the X-Lite trailers have a 12v cigarette outlet anywhere. I will eventually need to install one in the bedroom for my cpap but was wondering if there was already one somewhere in the trailer.

Thanks.

14george
07-12-2015, 03:38 AM
I got one behind my tv

Pull Toy
07-12-2015, 04:57 AM
Like 14george said, wherever your antenna amplifier is located, it will have a 12v cigar lighter style outlet.

Grbill
07-12-2015, 05:48 AM
My 2015 26rbi has a charging station which includes 2 usb and 1 12 volt outlet on the nightstand next to the bed.

bill-e
07-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Great, thanks

bill-e
07-12-2015, 04:09 PM
My 2015 26rbi has a charging station which includes 2 usb and 1 12 volt outlet on the nightstand next to the bed.I'd be interested to hear of any comments you may have on the 26rbi.
Thanks
Bill

Grbill
07-13-2015, 04:25 AM
We have it on a seasonal site so it's used heavy every weekend. No issues so far. I added a PI electrical management system and installed the remote in the bathroom, also added camco vent covers and added a tv in the bedroom. We love it and have no regrets! If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to help.

bill-e
07-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks. Picked it up today but only had a few minutes with it before I had to run to the airport. Towed great (RAM 1500 Ecodiesel, TLC Airbags at 10lbs, Husky Centerline TC hitch) I'll get more time with it over the weekend before heading out next Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bill-e
07-14-2015, 05:56 AM
Bill, Was was going to buy a 30 amp PI portable unit. Where did you install your fixed unit? Pics?
Sorry, sitting in a hotel 3000 miles away from my new camper ;)

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Grbill
07-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Below the bathroom sink is an access panel that exposes the power cord storage. The power cord goes to a junction box and I wired the unit before the junction box. There's plenty of space to mount the main unit on the wall in this space. I then ran the remote wire up through the linen cabinet next to the sink, went right along the sewer vent pipe so no drilling was needed. The remote is on the side of the linen cabinet next to the sink. I can see it from the kitchen if the bathroom door is open.

I wouldn't even consider a portable unit when the hard wired is so easy to install. If you sell the trailer, you can just as easily remove it.

I'll be at the trailer later this week and will take pictures, not sure if I'll be able to post but if you pm your email Address I can send them to you.

BTW, the unit did its job last week, my wife told me the microwave wasn't working so I checked everything and couldn't figure out what was wrong since the lights and fridge were working,finally dawned on me to check the remote and yep, low voltage was detected and the unit shut off power, after a few minutes the voltage came back up and power was restored. What threw me off was all the lights were working, didn't think of the battery taking over:banghead:

bill-e
07-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks. I'm still weighing whether or not I want to mount it in the trailer or outside on the service pole with a portable unit. Part of me thinks that I do not want to be adding something elwe that can catch fire upon a lightning strike inside the trailer. May be safer on the service pole.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

bill-e
07-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Back from the maiden voyage, had quite a time. High winds, downpour, hail and a lightning side strike that got the guy next door (had I been 30 seconds quicker I would have been the one to complete the circuit).

Got home this afternoon and took a half hour to install the PI unit in the power cable compartment.

The weather revealed to me how useless these power awnings are. I had to put my stuff under the neighbours manual awning to keep things dry because mine was retracted a lot.

jsmith948
07-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Hi Folks. Awaiting pickup of my 26RBI and I was wondering if the X-Lite trailers have a 12v cigarette outlet anywhere. I will eventually need to install one in the bedroom for my cpap but was wondering if there was already one somewhere in the trailer.

Thanks.

Don't know how much power your machine uses. The wires that feed the 12v outlet at the T.V. ant amp are really small. If your bedroom is in the front, why not run heavier wires directly from the battery and mount the outlet on the side of the bed platform. The DS did this on his TT with good results.

bill-e
07-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Thanks Jack,

I have a very small Z1 which doesn't take much current. I used it successfully this past week plugged into the 12v outlet by my nightstand. I slept well on the campers mattress well.