PDA

View Full Version : Weber Q1000 Conversion Questions

curlyws6
07-09-2015, 06:24 PM
I am trying to finish up converting my new Weber Q1000 from bottle to RV hookup and have a few questions.

First, what is the thread size of the flame controller (the part that is left after you remove the regulator)? I need to buy my male coupler (with female thread) to attach the new hose to the controller housing and my local box stores (Ace, etc) have a very limited selection so I would rather order online but I'm not 100% sure of the thread size I need to buy.

Second, is it 'safe' to use two of the hoses below coupled together to make a long hose? I need a longer hose to go from my existing gas connection on the rear of our TT to the side where I typically cook. I have not found many longer hoses from Camco (or other vendors) that are recommended to mate to the Fairview fitting on the TT.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPYC9BC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=12HOTNGU3P8OD&coliid=I38ZD3BXKKHT0Z

Thanks for any advise!

Festus2
07-09-2015, 07:51 PM
I am trying to finish up converting my new Weber Q1000 from bottle to RV hookup and have a few questions.

First, what is the thread size of the flame controller (the part that is left after you remove the regulator)? I need to buy my male coupler (with female thread) to attach the new hose to the controller housing and my local box stores (Ace, etc) have a very limited selection so I would rather order online but I'm not 100% sure of the thread size I need to buy.

Second, is it 'safe' to use two of the hoses below coupled together to make a long hose? I need a longer hose to go from my existing gas connection on the rear of our TT to the side where I typically cook. I have not found many longer hoses from Camco (or other vendors) that are recommended to mate to the Fairview fitting on the TT.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPYC9BC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=12HOTNGU3P8OD&coliid=I38ZD3BXKKHT0Z

Thanks for any advise!

There is a sticky developed by Bob Landry "Gas Grill and Camp Stove Conversion" found in the Modifications & Upgrades section of the forum. I think you may find the answers to most of your questions in this sticky, which BTW, also includes photos.

Go to the main menu page then to the Modifications & Upgrades forum -- the sticky is right near the top.

Hope this helps.

B-O-B'03
07-16-2015, 02:34 PM
I purchased this kit, from Amazon:

Propane Quick Connect Kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HG7TFO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00)

I used the male connector, with a 1/4 to 1/8 reducer on the Weber regulator and added a iron pipe T and the quick connect coupler to the gas line under the camper to give me a second port for the Weber.

I use the same Camco 10 foot hose, that you linked, to connect the Weber to my additional port.

It works great and I am thinking of also adding a quick connect coupler to the 1 pound adapter, so I can use it in a pinch.

-Brian

B-O-B'03
07-16-2015, 02:38 PM
There is a sticky developed by Bob Landry "Gas Grill and Camp Stove Conversion" found in the Modifications & Upgrades section of the forum. I think you may find the answers to most of your questions in this sticky, which BTW, also includes photos.

Go to the main menu page then to the Modifications & Upgrades forum -- the sticky is right near the top.

Hope this helps.

Hi Festus2,

The pictures in that sticky have not worked, since I joined the forum?

Maybe they could be re-hosted somewhere?

Thanks,

-Brian

Festus2
07-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Brian -
Yes, the 3 photos don't work for me either but if you look at Bob Landry's post further down, there are some pics from his Photobucket album showing which parts he used.

I'm not sure if they are the same photos or different ones.

I'll send a PM to Bob to let him know that we can't access the 3 photos in his tutorial.

It's been quite a while since I visited the tutorial and didn't notice that they "went nowhere". Thanks for the heads up.