PDA

View Full Version : Tiny toilet space!

thatdjguy
07-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Been loving the new camper we purchased this year--a 2016 Passport 2920. Word of warning--if you're above average in size (I'm 6'2, 260) you're gonna hurt the boys while trying a number 2 in this bathroom. Kick the people out and open the door for some leg room!

BirchyBoy
07-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Yeah, it looks similar to my 238ML. Kind of tight and leaving the door unlatched is good.

GaryWT
07-07-2015, 12:17 PM
That is one of my tests. The wife thinks I am nuts but whenever looking I head to the bathroom and sit down. If there is no elbow room we move on, does not matter what else it has. If the bathroom is useless then the trailer is useless.

binfordtools
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Been loving the new camper we purchased this year--a 2016 Passport 2920. Word of warning--if you're above average in size (I'm 6'2, 260) you're gonna hurt the boys while trying a number 2 in this bathroom. Kick the people out and open the door for some leg room!

Yep, no room for us normal 6ft. plus sized guys. My TT bathroom [read: broom closet] is big enough for a Smurf and a roll of 1-ply TP. What’s funny, it’s not like during my initial viewing of this model I could “try it before I buy it” with the salesman sitting there. Watching. Judging. Nope, waited until my first camping trip to realize my luxury latent bathroom is only fit for my kid, or Napoleon.

thatdjguy
07-07-2015, 12:22 PM
It def would have made me look for another unit, for sure. It's not the end of the world, but it does most def. suck. I can't do number 2 with my knees touching!

thatdjguy
07-07-2015, 12:23 PM
At the risk of telling you people to much...I had to wipe in the shower!

Festus2
07-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Really. Thanks for sharing this ...........:banghead: Enough already. :eek:

BirchyBoy
07-07-2015, 12:30 PM

Really. Thanks for sharing this ...........:banghead: Enough already. :eek:

This one time, at Band Camp....

:)

{tpc}
07-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Ya, thatdjguy, you have already told us too much....twice in one thread! :eek:

thatdjguy
07-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Real life is funny!

GaryWT
07-07-2015, 01:41 PM
As I said you have to check it out first. I would go in at rv shows, shut the door, sit and see if you can move. If my shoulders are stuck between the wall and the counter I am not spending a dime. My bathroom the toilet has plenty of room and we also have a door to the outside which is a great feature.

binfordtools
07-07-2015, 02:25 PM

Yep, that was too much.

Size, color and frequency next? Hope not!

Festus2
07-07-2015, 02:43 PM
I hate to be a "party pooper" (pun intended) but is there any way that we can get this thread back on track? Whatever that was ........

Thank You !!!

12 er
07-07-2015, 05:31 PM
I too look at the size of the bathroom by sitting on the toilet I'm really happy with our toilet I have a 248rks bullet and it has a bathroom that has room in it. It's still compact and you can't get away from that. We recently changed the toilet out and put a nice porcelain one that will give us more room to do our business.

LaTundra
07-07-2015, 07:43 PM
In my last camper, I had to pull my pants down and back in thru the door!:eek:

Steve S
07-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Hmmmm. .....I really wished that I never read that :rolleyes:

Yes a bathroom that you can move around in and an glass inclosed shower was a top priority for me. The last trailer the bathroom was a little too small and having a shower curtain something that I'll never deal with again.

binfordtools
07-08-2015, 08:19 AM
In my last camper, I had to pull my pants down and back in thru the door!:eek:

I just spit food out laughing at that. Great and disturbing mental image.

Desert185
07-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I've found that as I age, yoga and Ibuprofen will both contribute to increased mobility. However, having a bathroom of adequate dimensions is the best solution...especially when folks relate their personal experiences regarding pottie issues. :(

RSD559
07-08-2015, 03:55 PM
I like resting my forehead against the door while doing my business. Except when the wife opens the door to find out how much longer, and I fall off the seat. Actually, I haven't used the toilet for #2 in this trailer yet. I did a dry run and it'll work, but my knees do hit the door.

Tbos
07-08-2015, 05:00 PM
I have a 238ML too. A larger bathroom is on the list if we ever buy a different TT. Birchyboy had a post in another thread about adding a curtain outside the bathroom to create a changing room. That might help some with this issue.

PT RV`er
07-11-2015, 12:03 PM
This one time, at Band Camp....

:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nitka
07-11-2015, 12:15 PM
As I said you have to check it out first. I would go in at rv shows, shut the door, sit and see if you can move. If my shoulders are stuck between the wall and the counter I am not spending a dime. My bathroom the toilet has plenty of room and we also have a door to the outside which is a great feature.

This!!! That's all I can say about every "resting" area in a trailer. Before we bought we'd tested different layouts for years at RV shows. When we picked the one we bought, we walked in, told the salesman the model number and that we wanted to just hang out in it for at least 30 minutes to talk.

Off topic: BTW, Best Salesman EVER!!! Sadly he left our local Cougar dealer to go to a used lot out of town. Oh well, will save us some money :)

Steve S
07-11-2015, 02:27 PM
This!!! That's all I can say about every "resting" area in a trailer. Before we bought we'd tested different layouts for years at RV shows. When we picked the one we bought, we walked in, told the salesman the model number and that we wanted to just hang out in it for at least 30 minutes to talk.

Off topic: BTW, Best Salesman EVER!!! Sadly he left our local Cougar dealer to go to a used lot out of town. Oh well, will save us some money :)

That's how I did it too:) It's best to take your time and look at every trailer that you can and then one day you just walk into one and it hits you that that's the trailer :)
Sounds like you had the same excellent experience with your salesman that I had to:)