PDA

View Full Version : Slide switch

siberian
07-05-2015, 05:07 PM
On a 2010, the slide switch is in the bedroom which makes it impossible to see the slide as it goes in. Has anyone installed a separate switch more centrally located that you can actually see the slide move? I'm thinking of tapping off the fuse.

Thanx for any hints

siberian

chuckster57
07-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I have always used my ears to tell when a slide is done moving that I can't see. Schwintek slides go silent when done, rack and pinion will ratchet when done and hydraulic slides will have the pump motor start to labor, cable slides will have the motor start to strain.

Depending on which type of slide mechanism you have, it would probably be fairly straightforward to add another switch, but I wouldn't do it at the fuse. I would "piggy back" on the existing harness.

siberian
07-05-2015, 11:22 PM
I believe it's slide cables. Any idea where I can find a wiring diagram to let me know where to connect a DPDT switch? TIA

siberian

chuckster57
07-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Wiring diagrams like plumbing diagrams are not available to anyone that I am aware of.

Removing the existing switch from the wall will show what color wires they used, but I would also check at the slide motor to be sure they didn't change ( seen it before).

siberian
07-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanx Chuckster. The problem is that because I couldn't see the slide or anything else since it's in the bedroom, I destroyed the little side table as I didn't hear (until it was too late) that one of the chairs was dragged by the slide onto the table and since it's made of "paper" it just destroyed it.

Where would I look for the slide motor?

siberian

Wiring diagrams like plumbing diagrams are not available to anyone that I am aware of.

Removing the existing switch from the wall will show what color wires they used, but I would also check at the slide motor to be sure they didn't change ( seen it before).

chuckster57
07-07-2015, 05:21 AM
If it's cable driven, the motor will be just about center, mounted above the slide inside. You can retract the slide part way to gain access.

siberian
07-07-2015, 07:45 AM
If it's cable driven, the motor will be just about center, mounted above the slide inside. You can retract the slide part way to gain access.

Thanx again for your help. The motor is thus under one of the dining seats?

siberian

chuckster57
07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
ABOVE the slide, if it's cable driven.

siberian
07-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanx, I'll have a look!

siberian