PDA

View Full Version : Frig Fan

dmullen
06-29-2015, 07:40 AM
I have the Atwood Helium frig which is used in most of the Bullets and was wondering if you guys use one of those little fans to help bring temps down?

Festus2
06-29-2015, 08:47 AM
I have the Atwood Helium frig which is used in most of the Bullets and was wondering if you guys use one of those little fans to help bring temps down?

We use a small, battery operated (2 -D cells) fan that we bought from CW. Not sure if the fan helps bring the temperatures "down" but it seems to help with distributing the cold air more evenly throughout the fridge.

When not in use, we remove the batteries from the fan. The batteries seem to run the little fan for quite a long time........

For the cost, it might be worth a try to see what effect it will have on your Atwood. Ours is a Dometic.

dmullen
06-29-2015, 10:04 AM
That's why I was asking...people with Dometic & Norcold refrigerators use the fans but I've never read where someone with an Atwood helium frig uses one.

jkohler70
06-29-2015, 10:47 AM
They all cool using absorption refrigeration. The chemical used to accomplish this may differ, but the method is the same.

Festus2
06-29-2015, 11:05 AM
That's why I was asking...people with Dometic & Norcold refrigerators use the fans but I've never read where someone with an Atwood helium frig uses one.

dmullen -
I don't think it makes any difference whether it is a Dometic, Norcold or Atwood fridge. The battery-operated fan's job is to move cold air around the inside of the fridge - regardless of make. Try one and see what you think.

chuckster57
06-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Battery operated, or as some have done a 12V wired into the door light feed, they all make a big difference IMO.

I can put a room temp liquid in the door and it's cold in a few hours instead of days.

dmullen
06-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Cool! Thanks for the information. I'm going to give one a try.