PDA

View Full Version : Garage ramp door screen?

hdrolling
06-29-2015, 04:33 AM
We have the screen that pulls down and covers the back door when the ramp is down, getting it back up is horrible!

Ours is spring loaded but it almost never goes all the way up the first time because the guides on the side keep sticking all the way up.

Anyone else have this issue?

The guides are plastic so I'm not sure what would be the best and safest way to lube these up and make then slide easier.

The frame that the guides slide on are very clean and I don't see any burrs that would cause the screen to keep catching but it takes a good 5-10 minutes to keep working side to side to get the screen all the way up into the roof.

Thoughts?

sptddog
06-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Ours gets stuck to the floor - the magnet is quite strong, but after that it goes up pretty smoothly. I don't think they are made very well, ours is definitely not fantastic when it goes up, but it goes smoother than what you are describing. Ours seems to lack the spring anymore, so we end up sort of pushing it up.

randy69
06-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Use a lite silicone spray in the track. Camay brand comes to mind.

hdrolling
06-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Use a lite silicone spray in the track. Camay brand comes to mind.

Thanks I'll look into this.

roadglide
06-30-2015, 05:33 PM
I used mine for the first time yesterday we really like it ,I can can say the magic is very good . You really should take it back for warrant work.

hdrolling
06-30-2015, 08:12 PM
I used mine for the first time yesterday we really like it ,I can can say the magic is very good . You really should take it back for warrant work.

The issue is nothing is broke it just sticks a lot, and the warranty was only for a year and that was up last month. We don't use it enough for me to remember to pick up some lube for it, but it's added to the never ending list so I should get it done this weekend.

hdrolling
07-05-2015, 06:55 AM
I was able to find some WD-40 silicone spray and tried it out coating the rails and the guides. Works perfect now, thanks for the advice!

Pull Toy
07-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Now my age is showing, but... if you're caught short in the boondocks...

Way back when something stuck, (remember wooden window sashes?). We used to rub regular bar soap against the offending slider. Worked great, and smelled good too!

hdrolling
07-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Now my age is showing, but... if you're caught short in the boondocks...

Way back when something stuck, (remember wooden window sashes?). We used to rub regular bar soap against the offending slider. Worked great, and smelled good too!

Never would have thought of that, although I have used soap bars on squeaky drive belts in cars and trucks before as a temp fix.

My concern was to not use something that might ruin the plastic guides, I never knew WD-40 made a silicone spray but it works great.