PDA

View Full Version : 110 volts on the slide side of our 303

cabinfever
06-28-2015, 03:24 PM
We have been living in our TT while we are building a house and realized how much we needed 110V on the slide side. I had a 12 Gauge wire with a plug end that I salvaged from an old air compressor. I installed an outlet box under the linen closet in the cord storage area. Installed a 20 amp outlet in that box and connected the cord and fed it out the existing mouse hole. The cord is just long enough to reach under the TT where I connected a 10 gauge extension cord and plugged into the pedestal. I then installed another outlet box on the far side of the dinette facing the couch. I purchased a 14 gauge extension cord an removed the outlet end. I then installed a 15 amp outlet there and connected the 14 gauge cord. I ran it under the dinette seating and out the rear end of the dinette just across from the 20 amp outlet. This way I can unplug when bringing in the slide and plug back in when set up. This now gives us 1-20amp and 2-15 amp outlets on the slide side and as long as the pedestal has a 20 amp plug we will have 50 amps of available service. If the pedestal does not have a 20 amp I will just plug into the outside outlet and we will only have 30 amps of service.

rjsurfer
06-29-2015, 12:38 AM
I did something similar, I put a female 110 plug with a 2' extension already attached on one wall of the slide out. It feeds a outlet under one of the dinette benchs.

Ron W.